Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Texas Multigun Championship

Good to know...

Personally, I'm traveling way too far and paying too much to have my shotgun bump a piece of wood and throw it off safe.

Hopefully emptying my gun does not put me at too much of a disadvantage.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

A rules update has been posted. I had to clear my browser cache to get the change.

Main change from previous posting was to make official that non-magnified optics are allowed in Limited.

Also, there may be an additional time penalty for misses on far steel targets. It was 10 seconds; there will probably be a higher number for targets to 500 yds, maybe 20 or 30 seconds (!!!). Details are under review.

Lee

Nope,

When they require empty, it means no rounds in gun period. I think it was one of the FNH shooters that got DQed at Missouri last year because there was one left in the tube.

I don't know for certain , but my bet is the rule will be "Safe-gun" possibly same as USPSA rules

I am supposed to help with prop construction and I already have plastic barrels ready to cut the tops out for dump zones. ( If that is what I am asked to do )for the match.

Nope,

When they require empty, it means no rounds in gun period. I think it was one of the FNH shooters that got DQed at Missouri last year because there was one left in the tube.

I don't know for certain , but my bet is the rule will be "Safe-gun" possibly same as USPSA rules

I am supposed to help with prop construction and I already have plastic barrels ready to cut the tops out for dump zones. ( If that is what I am asked to do )for the match.

I know my safety ideas are not popular with some folks, but if a gun is put in a drop bucket,, of whatever type, and it is not pointing in a direction that the shooter RO or whoever, during the rest of the stage, and no one touches it until the shooter comes back to clear it, after completing the stage. It Is safe. I have not seen a gun go off with no one touching it, yet.

I just hope the safety issue is consistent. 2 years ago, we had RO's telling us "safe" meant one thing and on another stage, the RO's had a different definition of "safe."

What I think,,, about safe,,, and what the rules are,, may and may not make a difference as we all have our opinions.

At the end of the day,

I will comply with what the rules are for any given match. I attend.

Nope,

I know my safety ideas are not popular with some folks, but if a gun is put in a drop bucket,, of whatever type, and it is not pointing in a direction that the shooter RO or whoever, during the rest of the stage, and no one touches it until the shooter comes back to clear it, after completing the stage. It Is safe. I have not seen a gun go off with no one touching it, yet.

Your safety ideas may not be popular, but its hard to argue with your statement. :sight:

I bet Sheldon with have clear rules and all of his RO's will follow those rules. He doesn't seem like the type to go half a@#, having participated in a few of his local matches.

the rules, whatever they turn out to be, will undoubtedly be enforced equally by all of us at the match, no doubt in that!

Everyone will have to do the same thing to make their weapon safe

Edited by GorillaTactical

Nope,

Your safety ideas may not be popular, but its hard to argue with your statement. :sight:

Jim has some pretty sensible safety measures.

I'm shooting in tactical class. The rules state that:

Tactical Rifle

1. Not more than one (1) electronic or optical sight is permitted

2. A supplemental magnifier may be used with the permitted optical sight provided the magnifier does

not contain an aiming reticle, cannot be used as an aiming device by itself, and remains mounted

in the same location on the rifle for the duration of the event. A participant may use the magnifier

in either the magnified or unmagnified mode without restriction

Since they rules don't specifically address iron sights, am I good to go with a set of offset irons and a magnified optic? Optical sight only refers to an optic,(scope, or red-dot sight)not iron sights, right? Just wanted to clarify since I am fixing to change my rifle setup.

Tactical Rifle

2. A supplemental magnifier may be used with the permitted optical sight provided the magnifier does

not contain an aiming reticle, cannot be used as an aiming device by itself, and remains mounted

in the same location on the rifle for the duration of the event. A participant may use the magnifier

Since they rules don't specifically address iron sights, am I good to go with a set of offset irons and a magnified optic? Optical sight only refers to an optic,(scope, or red-dot sight)not iron sights, right? Just wanted to clarify since I am fixing to change my rifle setup.

as long as the magnified optic, cannot be used as an amiming device, then I'd say your good, but I would like to question your reasoning for this setup?

Per the MD: BUIS, either cowitnessed or offset, are ok for Tactical.

That includes a 1x with a magnifier, which combined with BUIS, may be what Kyle is referring to. Not sure it makes sense, but it is legal.

Lee

Tactical Rifle

as long as the magnified optic, cannot be used as an amiming device, then I'd say your good, but I would like to question your reasoning for this setup?

KyleO:

Should have clarified my post a little better. Am wanting to run a 1-4x scope, with the Dueck Defense rapid transition sights(45 degree offset). I know a lot of open shooters run this setup, but it looks like its okay as long as I interpreted the rules correctly?

You can run the Irons as well as your optic in tactical....the open guys typically have a red dot mounted at the 45 degree angle, hence the rule which states "no more than 1 optic"

Thanks for clarifying, I thought it was okay but wanted to make sure.

KyleO:

Should have clarified my post a little better. Am wanting to run a 1-4x scope, with the Dueck Defense rapid transition sights(45 degree offset). I know a lot of open shooters run this setup, but it looks like its okay as long as I interpreted the rules correctly?

Gotcha! I think I must have been the confused one, nothing new there. :blush:

• 2 weeks later...