Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Out-of-state L.E. in Kalifornia

Looking for coppers from California to enlighten me on CCW for out of state officers.

I'm pretty familiar with flying and all that stuff, just don't know the state law regarding possession, carry, etc.........

Thank you,

Kevin

Looking for coppers from California to enlighten me on CCW for out of state officers.

I'm pretty familiar with flying and all that stuff, just don't know the state law regarding possession, carry, etc.........

Thank you,

Kevin

"The Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act (LEOSA) is a United States federal law, enacted in 2004, that allows two classes of persons—the "qualified law enforcement officer" and the "qualified retired law enforcement officer" -- to carry a concealed firearm in any jurisdiction in the United States, regardless of any state or local law to the contrary, with certain exceptions."

Do an internet search and you will find the exceptions and these mostly concern where you can carry. IE: State or City prohobits CCW in their building, parks ect.

Thank you,

Kevin

"The Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act (LEOSA) is a United States federal law, enacted in 2004, that allows two classes of persons—the "qualified law enforcement officer" and the "qualified retired law enforcement officer" -- to carry a concealed firearm in any jurisdiction in the United States, regardless of any state or local law to the contrary, with certain exceptions."

Do an internet search and you will find the exceptions and these mostly concern where you can carry. IE: State or City prohobits CCW in their building, parks ect.

Too bad we don't have a "Citizens Safety Act" that does that same thing for non-LEOs.

In Kali, you willnot be treated kindly...regardless of your status. If you carry, LEO's will not like it. Not right, but it's a fact.

Maybe not, but it's federal law...doesnt matter what they think.

First of all, it's concealed carry. Nobody should know you have it. Second of all, you shouldn't be doing stuff to attract the attention of the police. If all else fails, and you end up in a shooting, pull your HR218 card. :)

Thank you,

Kevin

Too bad we don't have a "Citizens Safety Act" that does that same thing for non-LEOs.

I agree 100%

In Kali, you willnot be treated kindly...regardless of your status. If you carry, LEO's will not like it. Not right, but it's a fact.

Maybe not, but it's federal law...doesnt matter what they think.

Will it get you around California's mag capacity limit on new mags?

Will it get you around California's mag capacity limit on new mags?

Never thought of that. Good question.

[/quote

If you are LE, you are exempt from the magazine capacity laws. just tell them they are "pre ban". ;) and see if they can figure it out.