Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfoglio Slide Rackers

jmcmanis

Im debating on slide rackers. Do I want the factory one? Do I want the Ambi one? Or, Do I want the sidewinder?

Or, Does anyone know of any others that are available for the tanfoglios?

My first choice was the sidewinder. Then I decided that it may be too big. Then I realized.. Theres no such thing when it comes to guns. So I started looking at the factory. I too though it may be too small. I have rather large hands.. and don't know how well it will work. The Ambi I kinda though may be small too.

Can you post pictures of your sidewinder?

Thanks

James McManis

I had a factory racker, and did not like it. It seemed too close to my thumb.

I had my gunsmith fit a sidewinder (before Henning had them 'off the shelf'). Even better, I had him install a ball-plunger and drill a detent on the racker. It holds the sidewinder in place, but a quick pull and it comes right off!! Best of both worlds!!

3551222233_d14e1003eb.jpg

4121004296_1e99a6141d.jpg

Edited by Jeff686

I had a factory racker, and did not like it. It seemed too close to my thumb.

I had my gunsmith fit a sidewinder (before Henning had them 'off the shelf'). Even better, I had him install a ball-plunger and drill a detent on the racker. It holds the sidewinder in place, but a quick pull and it comes right off!! Best of both worlds!!

3551222233_d14e1003eb.jpg

4121004296_1e99a6141d.jpg

Where did you get those Pretty mount screws on the side of your gun.. the ones opposite the mount?

Thanks,

James McManis

That's my bling!

I bought them at a local fastner store. I just took one of the existing screws in, figured out the size, then rummaged around in the bolts and screws looking for something interesting.

I think it is called 'button head' in stainless steel.

The important part is to get a few matching nuts. If you have to cut the screws (cause they are too long), use a pre-installed nut to fix the threads after the cut.

Sadly, my Aimpoint broke. I had to install my spare C-more (two sided mount) and remove the bling. Fortunately, the Aimpoint has a lifetime warranty.

I use the factory slide racker, on the right side. It's fast too when you think about it - rack the slide with your thumb, not index finger -> your hand is already almost on the grip after racking the slide.

I use the factory slide racker, on the right side. It's fast too when you think about it - rack the slide with your thumb, not index finger -> your hand is already almost on the grip after racking the slide.

How do you rack the slide with your thumb? Do you use your shooting hand, just reach up with your thump and rack it? You put the racker on the right side.. are You right or left handed?

Yes, right handed. Use the left hand thumb to rack the lever on the right side. Rest of the fingers stay on the left side of the grip, thus, they are only a short distance away from forming the shooting grip. Cant the gun a bit to left if you want to.

Like this: Stage video

Edited by askomiko

I bought them at a local fastner store. I just took one of the existing screws in, figured out the size, then rummaged around in the bolts and screws looking for something interesting.

They are metric - M4-0.7mm. Another option is socket head set screws, install from the inside of the frame and dress to be flush with the outside of the frame.

Oh my, I'd be too scared to use that.

Yipe! Me too. It certainly looks sweet, but I would lose the top of my thumb for sure!

How much slight lightening did you have to do to compensate for the additional mass of the slide racker?

There's not enough mass to worry about.

Edited by Chris Spiess

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Yes, right handed. Use the left hand thumb to rack the lever on the right side. Rest of the fingers stay on the left side of the grip, thus, they are only a short distance away from forming the shooting grip. Cant the gun a bit to left if you want to. Like this: Stage video

That's the way I have mine also, I'm running a Cmore Slideride on a 90 degree Cheely mount. With this setup I have the racker on the right side, when it's on the left I cant grab it because the sight sits right on top of it. I have been using my left hand to rack it but with my pinky and ring finger. I just tried your way with the thumb and it work surprisingly well, I will definatly be giving that a bit of practice.

Oh and my racker looks to be a custom strait one.

Cheers,

Evan

Edited by Workingspy

• 1 year later...