Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Quick question on Production rules

jwfuhrman

Just to clarify, I see nothing about base pads not legal in Production as long as it meets length requirements and no more than 10rds loaded in mag. After this weekends upcoming match(Buckeye Challenge), I will be shooting Limited from then on out in USPSA Pistol matches and Multi-gun matches the base pads are legal as well. I just want to make sure Im not gonna get bumped to open or anything. Id like to not have to remove them, just leave them on so after this weekend I can start practicing for Limited style shooting.

Edit: I have the Arrdenno(sp) G17 +5 base pads which the description said they are USPSA 140mm legal

Screen shots from USPSA 2008 Rule book

Production Rules:

ProductionRules.jpg

Magazine Length Rules(for all Divisions)

magazinelength.jpg

Edited by Jon Fuhrman

From the Production rule revisions:

Prior restrictions on magazines have been

lifted. OEM and aftermarket magazines and

base-pads may be used. However, any and

all magazines used in competition, must fit

into the USPSA box (8 15/16” x 6” x 1 5/8”)

while empty and

inserted in the handgun as described in item

7 of this appendix. Grip tape and/or skate

board tape are specifically allowed on

magazines and base-pads

Edited by eerw

I seriously doubt they will fit the box and may actually put you at or over the weight limit depending on your other mods. Pistols are weighed with one empty mag.

Now if you had 'em on a G19 with G19 mags, you'd probably be good to go, barring that darned weight issue.

Curtis

Thats how production sneaks up and gets you. Says you can do this or that and its legal but you still have a box to fit in and a scale to beat. So some thought has to go into it.

These base pads are specifically designed for USPSA rules(box size). The last time my G34 was put in the "box" it had MORE than enough room around it in the magazine area. Im pretty sure these base pads will work

if they are designed for the box and they actually say so, id think itd be ok. I'd find a way to weigh a magazine with and one without a basepad as well to make sure you don't go over the weight limit. That may be the part that gets you here. try inserting the magazine with basepad and do a rough measurement from top to bottom.

Draw the dimensions on a piece of paper as exact as you can and lay the gun down to see how it looks. should give you a good ballpark of whether they'll work or not.

These base pads are specifically designed for USPSA rules(box size). The last time my G34 was put in the "box" it had MORE than enough room around it in the magazine area. Im pretty sure these base pads will work

I'm positive they won't fit in the current box. (I had to step down to a G-26 to get them to fit.) They are USPSA legal pads, for Limited Division. Play it safe, or bring some 170s to use after your move to open...... :D

yea I just decided Id order a couple extra mags, never hurts to have extras anyways. I plan on using the factory mags for this weekend and just having some extras then to play with.