Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BBI trouble getting?

Mudcat

I ordered some 147 grn 9mm bullets 4-27 from Black Bullets International. They were in stock and they charged my card. I got a confirmation e-mail saying they would send another when the items shipped. 1 week later and I had not received any word so I gave them a call. Spoke with the guy who answered the phone he was real nice and said they had been at the single stack nationals all week and were behind but my order should go out in the next day or 2 as they were in stock. I said no big deal, I understand. Another week and still nothing. I call again and they say it must be a mix up but he will make sure it goes out and I get a tracking # in the email the next day. That was 5 days ago and still nothing. Anyone ever have anything like this from them? Did I slip through the cracks several times? I was really wanting to start shooting some coated bullets so I could use them in my Glock and M&P and only have to keep 1 bullet. But if getting them is such a hassle, I will pass and go to a plated bullet.

Strange...I am having a similar situation with BBI currently. Have contacted several times, only received one response (via email) indicating my order will ship in a day or so...and that was a week ago.

Normally when I order I get it in a few days to a week or two. They are great bullets and a good company to deal with. They probably got behind in production and shipping with the nationals. They are usually top notch IMO. I wouldn't worry about getting your bullets. Just make sure your not scraping the bottom of your last box before you re-order.

OK then I will relax a little. I had read all the good stuff about them and wanted to try them so I ordered 1000. I usually shoot the Zeros in my Glocks and Bear Creek in the M&P. I am wanting something that I can shoot in either with acceptable results.

I will wait a little longer and see what happens. Seems like it may just be a busy time for them. Most everyone has good things to say about them.

Thanks.

OK then I will relax a little. I had read all the good stuff about them and wanted to try them so I ordered 1000. I usually shoot the Zeros in my Glocks and Bear Creek in the M&P. I am wanting something that I can shoot in either with acceptable results.

I will wait a little longer and see what happens. Seems like it may just be a busy time for them. Most everyone has good things to say about them.

Thanks.

I ordered a case of 180's a while ago, said they were in stock. My CC was charged 10 days ago and I still don't have bullets and I can't get a response from email. I guess I'll give them a day or two more before I dispute the charges with my CC company. It's a shame because they make a great product at a good price.

I don't know if its still up on the website, but BBI announced a slight delay due to the Single Stack Nats. Not only do they provide excellent bullets, they run a LOT of major matches. Give them some time and you won't be dissapointed, the turn around is usually very fast!!

Only issue I ever had with them was the shipping company lost them, and it took a whole two weeks to get my initial order. I guess I can't really blame them for that.Rally like the 130s and the 180s. The only 9mm bullet I use now, and if I can't get the 180s, I go down the street and hit up my buddy for some Bear Creeks.

My last order I got two cases. One came just fine (but I had to call because it didn't get shipped along with the first) and the other came torn up badly. I even think some bullets fell out because the heavy plastic bag they come in isn't sealed, just wrapped around the bulk of the bullets.

That said, I like their bullets and the guy who I called quickly found it and shipped it immediately.

The Postal Service guys and gals HATE these bullet shipments they are too heavy for some of them. I get my bullets delivered to my work, the commercial postal carriers are more professional than the residential. IMHO. I had one shipment that was being delivered to my home and the postal carrier would not deliver it, I had to go to the post office and pick it up.

I ordered 4 cases a while back. 3 cases showed up right away, the 4th box showed up a couple days later in a completely different box. It contained all kindsa crap you might expect to find on the floor of a post office or delivery truck and most of the case of bullets. I ask my PO carrier about the box. His reply was, some postal workers just aren't every careful with the heavy boxes. <_<

No matter how well you package something, unless you PERSONALLY handle it ALL the way to the destination, someone that cares less for the package will handle it.

BBI has been supporting me in my addiction for quite some time now. I know Tony and Tom are trying to find better ways to package the product.

As for the PO not delivering them to your address. Have a chat with the post master. That gal that thought my case of bullets was to heavy doesn't work there any more. Not solely because of me....she had a LOT of complaints about heavy packages not delivered.

Tony and Tom both work and shoot a lot of matches. But they both work other FULL time jobs......or two. Drop them a friendly email reminding them to put the beer down and call the PO to come pick up a load. :D

The Postal Service guys and gals HATE these bullet shipments they are too heavy for some of them. I get my bullets delivered to my work, the commercial postal carriers are more professional than the residential. IMHO. I had one shipment that was being delivered to my home and the postal carrier would not deliver it, I had to go to the post office and pick it up.

I have a PO box and the box arrived empty at the Post office. No telling where the bullets escaped.

I have a PO box and the box arrived empty at the Post office. No telling where the bullets escaped.

Trust me.....they know exactly where they escaped. :surprise: You try walking around on a few thousand BB's some time.......it ain't easy.

Trust me.....they know exactly where they escaped. :surprise: You try walking around on a few thousand BB's some time.......it ain't easy.

I ain't pickin that up...! :surprise:

I ain't pickin that up either...! :blink:

Let's go.... :cheers: