Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ok with all the talk about the cover and TGO I was just curious if anyone else picked up something strange on pg 20 with Chris Tilley???

I see Chris, I see gun, I see brass in air....what are we missing?

He has no ear protection!!! Staged photo maybe? Photoshop add-in? hmmm

RE: The pic on the cover of Kay Miculek. She wears plugs that fit in the ear canal. I know this because I stopped her from shooting to check if she had ear protection when I ROed her on a run several years ago. How embarrassing for me. She was very gracious and just grinned and showed me the plugs.

Sort of a little thread drift but I have never liked shooting with foam plugs. They do not seem to be as effective as muffs, even the electronic ones.

Skywalker67 - How do you like the resin ones? Are they netter than the foam?

All foam plugs are NOT created equal just as all ear canals are not the same shape and size.

I have used some that were very comfortable and very effective and I have used some that hurt like hell after a few hours but were very effective. Then there are those that are worthless in all respects.

What one person finds to work well another may find to be worthless. What I did was every time I saw foam plugs for sale I bought a few and kept trying them until I found some I liked then I bought a bunch of them.

I am about to go through that drill again though as I am just about out. I double plug under electronic muffs, especially around open guns.

Since we are on ear plugs, might as well hijack this thread.

My favorite ear plugs were the green (small) rubber plugs the military use (or used to when I was in). They came in a convenient plastic case which doubled as an insertion device. I had a few when I left the NG in 94, but they are long since gone. Anyone know of a source for these?

They were by far the most comfortable plugs I've ever worn for extended periods.

The small green soft plugs I have are from Bilsom

They work reasonably well for outdoor ranges but for indoor shoots if I double up with them, because of the long stems on the little green plugs they tend to get driven in a wee bit too far for comfort with my muffs

For a small amount of money you can have plugs custom molded on your ear canal.

Mine are transparent resin, and you'd never tell I'm wearing them, if not for a small rope connecting them behind my neck.

How much money is a "small amount"? <_<

I might be interested. :huh: