Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited 10

rrflyer

If you dry fire your reloads, your reload time will be out of the question. You don't NEED a huge magwell to have a fast reload. Although it helps, it is not needed. Id say get the 10 round mags and practice.

This.

I've never found my reload time with my Single Stack in L10 to be a huge disadvantage. Only takes a little bit of dry fire.

Didn't Robbie win an L-10 Nationals with a single-stack (in the time of double-stacks)?

Shoot that tool !!!

I don't think Robbie would appreciate being called a tool.

Or being shot.

At L10 Nationals a few years ago, I did not notice one SS. I did not see everyone's gun but it was pretty clear that SV type guns ruled; not just the reloads but the muzzle control due to the extra weight seemed to be in play also.

Didn't Robbie win an L-10 Nationals with a single-stack (in the time of double-stacks)?

Shoot that tool !!!

I don't think Robbie would appreciate being called a tool.

Or being shot.

Thin hard about what Flex wrote. He did not mean what you assume he meant. What is the most logical item in that post for the word tool to refer back to? :D

Oh my how times change. Back before SS division, L10 was pretty much dominated (numbers wise) by single stack 1911 shooters. FWIW, wasn't the first L10 Nationals won with a single stack 1911? I think that is the case. I would rather shoot a skinny gun with 10 round mags because I prefer the ergonomics of a single stack. I don't think I am alone in that camp.

Thanks for all the advice/opinions guys. I ended up getting a good deal on my dream svi so that's what I'll be shooting at the nats this year. Looking forward to shooting my new fat gun next week!