Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Becoming an RO

Corey

Well it is OFFICIALY official, I am a RO. lol Got my packet quite awhile back but seeing my name on the list of ROs in the newest issue of Front Sight. And from the looks of it there are a LOT of new ROs this issue. Now to get a few Level II+ matches under my belt I will get things underway for my CRO mid-next year if all goes well. :cheers:

Joe W.

The more the merrier!

:cheers:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Here is a list of the current classes. There's not much on the schedule right now.

http://www.uspsa.org/dw/nroiClasses.php

I would contact your section coordinator and see if he knows of any classes being discussed that haven't been scheduled.

My class was $50, but I think the cost can vary a little depending on if there are range fees involved.

Here is a list of the current classes. There's not much on the schedule right now.

Thanks. There's one in Jersey but that could hardly be a worse weekend for me. I take it that there's more to it than just sitting in class or it could be done anywhere. I'll ask the area director once the chaos of the Area 8 and Mid-Atlantic sectionals are over.

I just took it last weekend with Troy McManus. Great program. We had classroom from 8 to 5 on Saturday with lots of breaks and the a few hours on the range Sunday morning. I would highly recommend the course to anyone.

Is there a list of RMs somewhere? I was wondering just how many there are.

Also, I really think you guys should look into having some of the more experienced guys teach L1 and CRO and take some of the pressure off you. It might be an idea to give a RO/CRO instructor class and after successful completion of the course they would assist in the L1/CRO. When the instructors felt them ready, they would hold a ROI or CROI and could then teach students and help reduce the load. Also, if you get enough of these guys out there, you wouldn't to fly or travel a gread deal... eventually you would have enough guys in the area in which the class is to be given. Then have the guys take a refresher course with the RMI once a year like they do for RO/CRO.

Is there some reason this isn't being considered?

Do we need to move this to it's own topic?

JT

Edited by JThompson

Also, I really think you guys should look into having some of the more experienced guys teach L1 and CRO and take some of the pressure off you. It might be an idea to give a RO/CRO instructor class and after succesful complateion of the course they would assist in the L1/CRO. When they ionstructors felt them ready, the would hold a ROI or CROI and could then teach students and help reduce the load. . Also, if you get enough of these guys out there, you would have to fly in and put guys up... eventually you would. have enough guys in the area in which the class is.

to be given. Then have the guys take a refresher course.

with the RMI once a year like they do for RO/CRO.

JT

I know Im pretty new to the RO thing but I think this idea has a lot of merit. I dont know if I will ever get to the point of being an RMI, but if after a few years being a local ROI was an option, I think I would move toward that goal. Bears thought.....

Also, I really think you guys should look into having some of the more experienced guys teach L1 and CRO and take some of the pressure off you. It might be an idea to give a RO/CRO instructor class and after successful completion of the course they would assist in the L1/CRO. When the instructors felt them ready, they would hold a ROI or CROI and could then teach students and help reduce the load. Also, if you get enough of these guys out there, you wouldn't to fly or travel a gread deal... eventually you would have enough guys in the area in which the class is to be given. Then have the guys take a refresher course with the RMI once a year like they do for RO/CRO.

JT

To my knowledge, there are 24 active RMs / RMIs ... Section Coordinators and Area Direstors have access to a lookup page where they can list such personnel (along with other information.)

As to your other question, I suggest you take that up with your RMI as to the whys and why nots.

JT

To my knowledge, there are 24 active RMs / RMIs ... Section Coordinators and Area Direstors have access to a lookup page where they can list such personnel (along with other information.)

As to your other question, I suggest you take that up with your RMI as to the whys and why nots.

Thanks Mike... I figured flagging it here might get a couple of them to chime in.

JT

• 2 months later...

There was a big thread about it on the forum here somewhere. I can't remember the subject or I'd try and find it for you.

I think it was on NES :rolleyes:

What the heck? This was definitely not the thread I meant to post that in. I can't remember now what the subject was, but it definitely wasn't RO classes.