Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Crosstraining Has Helped The Most?

Jeeper

HAHAHA, well thanks ;) , hmm fiddling? um i dont do much fiddling, despite the fact that i live in houston. hell i rarely listen to country - but thanks for the name?

By the way, I'm curious how many people can pronounce my last name... every major match, i dread hearing my name....

DIMACULANGAN

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, I'm curious how many people can pronounce my last name... every major match, i dread hearing my name....

DIMACULANGAN

I'll bet I can say it ... but I'm not sure I can do it pseudo-phonetically on here. I'll try:

dee mock you long'n

For the same reason I can pronounce yours, I'll bet you can do a good job with "VIRAY."

;)

Okay...back to topic...sort of...

I do regressive weight lifting. Start with a pint of my favorite beverage and keep lifting it to my mouth until it weighs only as much as the original containiner, refill, repeat.

Oddly this seems to have a negative effect on my hand-eye coordination. And Juniors can't practice at the same "workout locations" as the rest of us.

But it does wonders for keeping my belt nice and tight (a tight belt keeps that holster nice and stable during the draw...right?) as well as relieving stress.

mann... that actually took me a few seconds to figure out what u were talkin about... :blink:

until my 1st major (space city in april) - ill be doing a lot of upper body training... as well as endurance and speed...i gotta handle that recoil and make sure that dot always stays in the same spot... im still amazed how fast blake, max and jj can haul during field courses.

DIMACULANGAN

Heh. I saw this name spelled at least two different ways in STI's contingency winner's add in Front Sight. So if they can't even spell it the same way twice, how can you expect anyone to say it correctly ever? Congratulations on the wins, by the way.

DD

Golf is awesome for the mental game, and body coordination. To improve eye speed I focus on the stripes in the road.

I carpool to work at 2 a.m everyday on a deserted freeway. While driving 75mph the strips (in denmark) pass the car with about a .15-.20 split trying to focus on every stripe will get your eyes in good shape in no time. BUT FOR GOD SAKE DO NOT DO THIS WHILE DRIVING ITS POTENTIALLY LETHAL.

After doing this for 3 weeks (5min / day , 5 times / week) I could easily track the front sight regardless of cadance..

Lee,

I still cant believe that you are shooting that open gun now. Even worse is that you have it for your avatar. As for pronouncing your name, that is why everyone at our matches just calls you Lee. :)

Keith B.

ok i can read/understand everything you guys say, (born in manila) but grew up here in the states... talking back in tagalog has been kinda hard <_< ... hehe

You're way ahead of me, youngster ... I was born and raised in Indiana. I speak and understand only English! I had to use a phrase list on a Tagalog web page to create my messages! ;)

Here's the rest of my Pilipino-Tagalog repertoire:

Ako ay guwapo! B)

And the same thing in Pampango:

Masanting ko! B)

By the way ... is your family from Batangas originally? My dad said you name is Tagalog and you might be from the same province as his mom. My family is mostly from Pampanga.

I've done a fair bit of skiing and some of the balance excercises have been useful when adapted to shooting but mostly I've learnt a lot about teaching from some of the instructors that I've been fortunate to ski with. They were (are) at the top of the tree, including National team coaches, and some of the stuff I've picked up has been invaluable for teaching.

Certainly in the early years it helped me re-shape my courses.