Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shot my new Glock 35 in a match today

.45er

Shot my glock 35 in an informal match today. I was really pleased with the gun. I was a bit worried about function on the gun since I was shooting reloads but the gun ran fine. I need to look into getting some different sights on the gun but overall I am pretty happy. There were only 12 of us shooting today but I ended up 2nd overall. Wanted to thank everyone for the information provided on this forum as it really helped out with my reloading and gun setup. Thanks!

Shot my glock 35 in an informal match today. I was really pleased with the gun. I was a bit worried about function on the gun since I was shooting reloads but the gun ran fine. I need to look into getting some different sights on the gun but overall I am pretty happy. There were only 12 of us shooting today but I ended up 2nd overall. Wanted to thank everyone for the information provided on this forum as it really helped out with my reloading and gun setup. Thanks!

Good shooting sounds like all you need is more ammo. You are also right, there is a a vast amount of knowledge on this forum, if you are willing to learn.

Thanks. I was kind of looking at the Ameriglo for sights. Same dimensions in front blade and rear notch as the sevigny but about $25-30 cheaper. Is there any benefits over spending the extra on the Sevigny set? Here is a pic of the ameriglo

defoortactical.jpg

They also have a different rear sight that has a slightly wider notch but gives a bit longer sight plane as pictured below.

gl405L_5.jpg

Edited by .45er

Dawson adjustable sights are also an option. I am very happy with mine, but I haven't tried Warrens so I can't say which is better. I highly recommend serrated sights with whatever type you end up with (only one of the rear sights you posted has serrations). I can't believe what a difference that it makes.

Yes, a serrated rear and you might consider a front fiber optic. Switching to a front FO helped me call shots with much more consistency and has in fact improved my overall shooting.

Edited by MarkCO

Just thought I should say congrats too. I shot in my first ever match with my Glock 35 a week or so ago and had a blast. Blew the last two stages due to mental errors and just forgetting the fundamentals of shooting (not safety mind you). Even though I have an STI Edge...I still choose the Glock for its reliability. That and it's just a lot of fun. I didn't fare as well as you overall but I'll get there. ;) I'll also say that the sevigny sights are fantastic but did take some getting used to. There is a LOT of light on both sides of the front blade which was something I simply wasn't used to. As I practice more I find them extremely fast and allow for fantasic accuracy. They are worth the money..and I'm a cheap b@stard...LOL.

Thanks. I was kind of looking at the Ameriglo for sights. Same dimensions in front blade and rear notch as the sevigny but about $25-30 cheaper. Is there any benefits over spending the extra on the Sevigny set?

Ameriglo sights are fine for carry. The W/S Competition Set is a better sight picture for sport. IMO of course. Sights are a personel preference thing. Dawson and Warren/Sevigny dominate the aftermarket Glock sight thing and they're outstanding choices.

post-1015-127457620543_thumb.jpg