Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for a picture of a Springfield 38 super factory comp

steel1212

I have a 45 Factory comp gun. No pictures or knowledge on how to post one if had ..

Don't know if you will find one that has not been changed somewhat,after all it didn't have a beaver tail grip safety

and all those other little things that made it a bit more comfortable to use..

The 45 was king in this area back then,early 90's..

I have a friend that has one from early 1990 , he does not compete any more but I know he still has the gun, How important to you to get the photo? And how good does the photo need to be? as in can you take an email off a phone?

i could call him and ask him to take a photo

I am assuming you are talking aboout the compguns coming out ofthe then fledgling springfield customshop waaaaay back when, made a rather large splash in the gun rags as i remember and i got sucked into the hype of a custom gun in 6 weeks....yeah....actual time was 16+ weeks, les baer was the head ofthe customshop at the time, the comps they used on the early singlestacks were what are now known as the leatham/enos dual port comps, after some initial problems mine served me well, 50,000 rds or so, now its in the safe with at least 3 cracks in the slide

Something like this is what I remember them selling years back. First one is what TGO, benos, and Barnhart all shot in 1989:

post-354-127112386664_thumb.jpg

Another, maybe later. If you look, they both have Nowlin barrels:

post-354-127112310435_thumb.jpg

The howitzer model from 1995. This is actually cut back 2 chambers from what the team shot in 9x25 caliber:

post-354-127112339834_thumb.jpg

Could be wrong but I think every comped gun they sold was made in the Custom Shop. Edit: my slide is flat-topped 1/2" wide, weighs 10.5 oz, a bazillion rounds fired, no cracks.

Edited by eric nielsen

Something like this is what I remember them selling years back. First one is what TGO, benos, and Barnhart all shot in 1989:

post-354-127112386664_thumb.jpg

Another, maybe later. If you look, they both have Nowlin barrels:

post-354-127112310435_thumb.jpg

The howitzer model from 1995. This is actually cut back 2 chambers from what the team shot in 9x25 caliber:

post-354-127112339834_thumb.jpg

Could be wrong but I think every comped gun they sold was made in the Custom Shop. Edit: my slide is flat-topped 1/2" wide, weighs 10.5 oz, a bazillion rounds fired, no cracks.

Awesome, thanks Eric that is what I'm looking for!

Factory Comped guns will say "Factory Comp" on the front of the slide, they are bushing barreled comps with a dual or triple port comp. They basically look like what they call a Mil-Spec now with a comp. They were a production line produced guns, they turn up for sale quite frequently on the internet sites. They generally sell for around $600 to $800 for a new in the box one.

Eric has Custom Shop guns not Factory Comp guns

Edited by RIIID

Yeah, the one I'm looking at I got pics for and its not like Erics but does look just like the one Jake just posted. I needed pictures to see what I was being offered and I think the deal is still fair with all the extras I'll be getting. Thanks guys! cheers.gif