Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Info on the Blackberry Storm2 & Palm Pre Plus

I am about to get a new phone for my Verizon service. Does anyone have any input or preferences on the Blackberry Storm2 9550 smartphone & Palm Pre Plus? Pluses and minuses of each.

I looked at the Pre Plus when I got a new phone recently. I ended up going iphone because there are so many apps for it, Verizon is supposed to be getting the iphone later this year, so if it is of interest to you and you can wait you might want to consider that.

Jason,

I went through all the verizon phones last year and wound up with a samsung omnia over the original storm. CNET has pretty good reviews.

I have played with a friends Pre and it is nice. The keyboard is a little small but it has a lot of very easy to use features. The problem is that he is recharging at least once a day. He says he can go 2-3 days as long as he doesn't use any of the smartphone features.....ridiculous.

Anyway, I am waiting on the Iphone from Verizon....hope it happens. Otherwise I will probably step away from the smartphones.

I like the (original) Storm quite a bit -- but it's my first smartphone.....

As a phone it works about as well as anything else, the speakerphone is truly usable. E-mail just continues to roll in, Barnes & Noble have an e-book reader for the Storm -- it's nice to always a book with you....

I picked the Storm for it's keyboard -- my fingers are wide enough that traditional Blackberry keyboards don't work for me. The Storm in landscape orientation does....

I have the Pre and you will be charging it once a day. Getting more apps all the time and it functions okay. Keyboard is small and it is a touch phone, if you touch it, it does something. Have to get used to that. And don't say anything until you are sure the call is ended... :unsure:

Droid here coming from a Bb Pearl. The difference is night and day and I'll never go back!

You might check into using something like Newegg or Wirefly to get your phones, it was insanely cheaper. $29 vs $199 for the droid with a 2 year plan.

So the Palm Pre has a crappy battery but is a decent phone and the Storm2 is decent. Either way I will go against the Palm Pre due to battery life. I don't want to be charging it constantly.

How is the Motorola Droid when it comes to surfing the web and email? Also, how is the Blackberry Storm 2 for web use and email?

Edited by jasmap

The storm is awesome for e-mail -- it's really what Blackberrys were designed for/shine at....

Web use -- I don't love the web on any phone. It's useable, but a lot comes down to site design....

I've posted here a couple of times using the Storm; it might be better on the Storm 2's wifi connection than it is on cellular....