Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Khan or Glock

Brad A

Here are two threads with lots of opinions based on first hand experience. There are a few more, but these are the biggest ones (the search function on this forum really is one of your best friends):

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=75455

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=81330

Welcome to the forums!

kc

Buy a few Khans to use during dry fire drills and range practice; that way, you won't be dropping or overusing your factory mags more than needed. I've got three that I use for those very reason.

I've never had trouble out of any of them, but I can say that the Glock mags pull much smoother out of the CR speed mag pouches. So, again, using the Khans when I dry fire and practice reloads is like wearing ankle weights the week before a CC run.

I was limited on my budget, so I went with 2 extra Factory Glock Mags (brought me to a total of 5) and 3 Kahns.

You saw how battered mine were at the last match, and I've got some new base plates on order. In a month or so, I'm going to order 5 more factory mags because I know I will eventually need them.

BG

Would you rather have a new Khan 17 round mag for $11 or a used (but in good shape)17 round Glock mag for $20?

Shop a little harder and buy new Glock mags for around $20 each.

I would rather pay $40 for a Glock mag than buy those crappy asian knockoffs! Lucky for me they are only $20 each, but you know what I mean. I have four Asian made "Glock" mags that I wouldn't give away to anyone unless they are an enemy of mine. Yes, I couldn't resist trying them myself but never again. Screw me once, shame on you, screw me twise, shame on me.

Would you rather have a new Khan 17 round mag for $11 or a used (but in good shape)17 round Glock mag for $20?

Cool. I'll search around some more. Do you know of any places off the top of your head?

Cool. I'll search around some more. Do you know of any places off the top of your head?

bestdefense.com has them listed at $21.95 each...but at checkout, they seem to give 10% off, which actually drops them to just under $20 before shipping.

There's always Botac...but they recently raised their Glock mag prices...and their order fulfillment is so hit or miss and customer service non-existent, that unless you've dealt with them before and know the drill, I can't recommend ordering anything from them...unless they offer misery for sale. I bet they could deliver that without any issues.

While you're there, get yourself an Agrip for your Glock.

Edited by njl