Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dawson Ice Magwell may actualy slow me down

LFOD_JOE

I just installed a Dawson Ice Magwell on my G35. I started to practice with it and because it extends a bit lower than the Glock, it is harder to lock the mag in. I can see myself in a match dropping the mag. I ordered a couple of Glock +2 mag extenders to lengthen the mag. Has anyone had this problem?

Exact same problem w/my G35 and a Glockmeister magwell. Same solution....no problems since.

I could get the mags in the well without fumbles but not always seated as the stock mag baseplates are 1/8" or above the bottom edge of the magwell.

Barry

Hello: I use the Arredondo +5 base pads. I tried a couple of different magwells on my Glocks. I ended up taking them off and just using the Glock the way it is. I found the magwells kicked my palm out and it did not feel that great. I am shooting the Glock in Production now so I can't use a magwell. Thanks, Eric

While the Arrendondos are OK, I really prefer the Dawson base pads, they match up nicely with the ICE magwell.

The ICE magwell does not seem to be designed for mags without pads, its for Limited or classes where extended mags are allowed.

Being able to clean my mags between stages with no tools using a solidly built and proven pad is just nice.

The instructions on the ICE mention "some fitting may be required". I have had to mill a bit off the bottom of several slugs so the magwell sits tightly up on the frame, which will allow even stock mags to seat.

I currently run one on a Limited 35 and a limited minor 3-gun 34, the ICE gives me a more solid grip and seems to lock in my index.

While the Arrendondos are OK, I really prefer the Dawson base pads, they match up nicely with the ICE magwell.

The ICE magwell does not seem to be designed for mags without pads, its for Limited or classes where extended mags are allowed.

Being able to clean my mags between stages with no tools using a solidly built and proven pad is just nice.

The instructions on the ICE mention "some fitting may be required". I have had to mill a bit off the bottom of several slugs so the magwell sits tightly up on the frame, which will allow even stock mags to seat.

I currently run one on a Limited 35 and a limited minor 3-gun 34, the ICE gives me a more solid grip and seems to lock in my index.

I'm running the Arredondo extensions with my ICE with no issues at all. I use them on both .40 and 9mm mags and they're great.