Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ-USA Model 712 Utility

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Was going to use mine at the benelli rockcastle shotgun championship but blew up my ankle on stage 3 of 18, lol. Now I'm out of shooting for two months.

So far I have in it:

$350 - used 712 18.5" utility

$60 used nordic +4

$20 bought a hiviz cert for a tricomp sight

drilled the gas ports .015 larger

lightened the recoil spring

the stock spring was just too heavy to cycle federal loads. at first i was a single shot. then i drilled the gas ports, and then it would cycle, but not hard enough to eject the hull. then i lightened the stock spring and it cycles no problem. only thing i would probably need are chokes, but of the two i got with it, the tighter seems to behave like a light mod, so i left it in there and called it a day.

Since I have ben in on the very start of CZ 712 gun work I would tell you that I would be real hesitant to cut your spring by someone elses gun. Everyone of these is a bit different and what works for "Singed Rodent" may be way too much for yours! I would contact Kirk Smith over on Boomer and see if he has any spring pacs left. If not P.M. me and we can decide where to go from there. I am in your area.

Edited by kurtm

Just ordered mine from Bud's CZ custom shop does NOT have them, he is currently receiving long arms that were ordered in Nov./Dec. of last year. Now off to order an extension tube...hopefully I can find a bolt handle too...

I'm in the same boat. Bought mine on the 14th, still waiting for it to get shipped. Going to have a buddy fabricate me a bolt handle, if it works well I may have him do a run of them for me.

Fella's just a thought and this is due to me getting one of the 26" barrel, I like it much better than the 20" barrel plus that +7 Nordic tube fits just about perfect. If you can't get the Utility might look into the 26" barrel model. As for the bolt handles I've heard several times it should be soon BUT that was from the time of the first run. Later, Kirk

I don't know if it's the longer barrel or the extra weight but it slows my swing a bit which is a good thing so I don't swing past targets which I had a problem with! never found it to be an issue with ports and the length so far but then haven't been getting to shoot as much :-(

A wood stocked shotgun wouldn't look real tacticool but hey the wood stock would probably be lighter just might have to be careful when dumping it off in barrels as the forearm is not real thick. Might just have to see if I can come up with something and a wood stocked 712 hehe Later,

Kirk

Just a FWIW note. My son shot the Texas Muligun this weekend with his CZ. Started the match with the gun clean and oiled. Ran great first day, but it was very windy and dusty. As the second day went on with the dust and wind we noticed the shotgun had a few issues with reliability, mainly ejecting and feeding the new round. Got back to the motel that night and cleaned the shotgun and oiled it and it ran perfect again the next day. We always knew it liked to run a little wet, but if it gets dusty it is a good idea to re-oil it or clean it during the match. Great little gun.

gerritm

I shot my CZ 712 the weekend before at the RO shoot. Other than me bump firing it a couple of time on the first stage, I only had one issue with it not feeding the last round. But I think that it is because I trimmed the magazine spring too much.

I hope you had fun and hope to see you and your son next year. :D

Jason :ph34r: