Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ-USA Model 712 Utility

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know a couple of shops here in town I might talk with them and if it's not TOO much cash I'll find out what it would cost to make another run of them. No promises though guys! I have a normal job and a life that enjoys burning up my time like everyone else so be patient. Later,

Kirk

In for one if it happens. I run your springs and couldn't be happier. It would be great to see you add another product to your offerings.

Thanks. Trying to get some quotes now.

Also, the darker, main surface will be knurled. Couldn't figure out how to get the texture to display

What alloy steel are you planning on making them out of?

Not sure yet. Need to discus that with whoever will be making it. I'm a bit worried about the 4.5mm round section that attaches to the main body.

The "new one" looks great! Better make it as good as a Nordic. If you make 50 of these....as good as Nordic or not....Nordic will never make a run of them.

I'll be honest, I hated the look of the nordic. I know that is shallow, and a bit against my normal "Function over form" mentality. I'm sure it worked great, like all their products do.

This is my first go around doing anything like this. Always been a wood worker in the past, so any suggestions on what alloy, or design changes ya'll would like to see, feel free to shout them out or email/pm me.

The stock model appears to be some sort of chromium steel. I don't think it is chrome plated? Anyone have any plating wear off of theirs? It may even be heat treated. Maybe call CZ and find out if they know? You'd have to talk to whoever does QC in the Turkish factory.