Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FNH USA Midwest 3-Gun Championships

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you post the team event scores?

Thanks!

I know one of the scores....43.64...GO TEAM MGM!!!! I have to say it...Patrick and BJ...you guys carried me. Thanks! cheers.gif

Adios,

TG

Nice! I was on a good run until that FTE on the rifle. Talk about a bummer.

First off I would like to thank FN and the all the RO's for all their hard work to make this match happen. The RO's were outstanding! We, as shooters, only had to go through the mud on their stage once and while they had to go through them a couple hundred times. Great job on keeping your enthusiasm. FN, really good stages but I do have to agree with painting or marking the steel plates that are hidden in the shadows. Stage 10 would have been a fun stage if not for the mud and inability to see the targets. Maybe it should have had bigger targets that had to be engaged with slugs?!? Like big steel plates that didn't have to be reset!!!!

Next, most of us travel a long way to SHOOT the match and not to game a stage. To those that just shot 6 quick shots on the long range targets, why go to a match if you don't want to shoot it? Our squad followed a squad of heavy metal shooters that took every shot and most of them hit the 400 yard bonus target with iron sights! I would rather watch someone try to make the hits over just getting a faster time by not even trying. Somebody said in an earlier post "Remember this is only a game" but the game is there to show everyone how good you are at shooting not just how fast you can get through a stage.

I was a little disappointed that there wasn't an ALL FN gun stage. I had heard about this in past matchs and was looking forward to it, oh well, maybe nest year. Hopefully I will be able to make it back again next year. Even if it was a little bit on the damp side, it was still a fun match.

Thanks again to FN, CMMG and all the RO's.

Doug

Thanks!

I know one of the scores....43.64...GO TEAM MGM!!!! I have to say it...Patrick and BJ...you guys carried me. Thanks! cheers.gif

Adios,

TG

It is your fault if we won my friend.....you put the team together!!!!

For an old pumpgunner I held up my end, but that BJ kid flat out screamed through the pistol plates!!!!

Thanks for hooking a brother up!

Patrick

B.J. ain't no "kid", you are an extrordinary pump gunner (n.b.n. charter member..no battery needed), but truely the best part of your guys run was the "catch" by Nordic Component's Kenny of B.J. when he got done tagging off!.....just another great save by Nordic!!

It was great shooting with you Pat! Next time let's you and I be the final show! Kurt

Thanks!

Sorry, I was in my trailer finishing/revising/editing scores when the team event was run, so I am not sure what the scores were. They were never giving to me to record, so I am not sure if they were.

Steve

Thanks!

Sorry, I was in my trailer finishing/revising/editing scores when the team event was run, so I am not sure what the scores were. They were never giving to me to record, so I am not sure if they were.

Steve

Ken was running the team stage. Anyone know how to get a hold of him?

Thanks!

Steve

Ken was running the team stage. Anyone know how to get a hold of him?

His email was on the application. kenf@fnhusa.com

I am happy that the entire match didnt get wiped out like Blue Ridge. It was nice to get to see everyone again, and a bummer that we all couldnt shoot togehter.

Thanks to everyone who worked and shot this match (especially the ones who enjoyed shooting the match), the shoot-off's and our support of the best sport around. We wouldnt be doing this if you guys were not out there supporting us. As we are all aware, we cant make everyone happy. each match is different and they all have there little issues. That is why we all travel and shoot different matches, they all test our skills in different ways.

And no the use of the FNH product in the shoot off is not to push our products. It is simply to level the playing field and bring out the shooters in all of us, It is my job to make sure they are all zeroed and if you were around for the start of the shoot off you would have seen that all four rifles center punched the plates. The handguns are dead nuts, just happens that a DA/SA pistol has a little longer trigger travel than a short 1911 style competition gun and for the shotguns... well Kurt knows how to shoot them and now that Larry has him holding it right they rock for him too! Basically, IF another company wants to step up to the plate 3 Gun Nation will put their product on the line we will be more than happy to run their gear. If you guys havent noticed we are behind 3 Gun Nation to promote our growning sport not only for us the manufacturer, but for all of the shooter's and for the industry in general.

We need everyone's help to fuel the fire. 3 Gun is an exciting sport and we need to let everyone know how much fun it really is. So get out to the range and recruit those new shooters. without them we wont grow. If we dont grow then this all goes away, i've lost too much hair for this thing to go away...

See you guys in a few weeks where we will set it up and run it again.

I will have the team scores on the website when they are set to me in the AM.

Yes the fourth stage scores are not included in the final totals. The missing fourth stage scores are just that missing, they never got to me.

Steve

Since stage 4 got thrown out, which stages were used for 3gun nation?

3gun nation was the Sunday morning 8 man shoot-off.

I think the question was which stage determined the participants into the 3 gun nation shoot off?

It apears to me that the participants were chosen from class winners which isn't how its supposed to go, is it?

Edited by jtischauser

They were supposed to use stage 1-4 to decide who made it to the shoot-off, but since stage 4 got thrown out, I assume they picked another stage. However, it was never announced which one they picked instead.

Edited by gose

I think the question was which stage determined the participants into the 3 gun nation shoot off?

It apears to me that the participants were chosen from class winners which isn't how its supposed to go, is it?

Division winners, assuming enough participation in the division.

After that, they'll fill it up to 8, based on the relative number of participants in the respective division (which usually means another 3-4 from TO), based on the results from the 4 stages they pick as "their" stages.

Edited by gose

Division winners, assuming enough participation in the division.

After that, they'll fill it up to 8, based on the relative number of participants in the respective division (which usually means another 3-4 from TO), based on the results from the 4 stages they pick as "their" stages.

It worked out this time that they choose the top 4 from TO and the winner of all the other classes/divisions.

It worked out this time that they choose the top 4 from TO and the winner of all the other classes/divisions.

Three shoot-offs, three different ways to pick the participants :)

Three shoot-offs, three different ways to pick the participants :)

Any way they chose it I didn't shoot any stage in the top 8 of my class/division so I was lucky just having a front row seat. Now if they would have chose the shooters based on who shot the most rounds at the 300 yard flashers or who drank the most crowwn royal at Ruby Tuesday's I might have been your Huckleberry. :goof:

Edited by jtischauser