Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any info on when the shootoff will occur at the USPSA Multigun Nationals. I already have tickets returning on Monday morning but heard a rumor that the shootoff will be on Monday. It would be nice to know ahead of time.

Doug

Doug,

Everything I've heard says the shoot-off is on Monday. I'm waiting to buy my Vegas tickets until after RM3G.

I can't find anything on the Versus website about 3 gun nation and it premier is only a week away. What gives?

http://www.versus.com/shows/

Dude! I am an old guy, not a young tech savy guy like you.

Go to Versus. Click on "whats on". Scroll to the bottom left. You see the 3 gun nation banner?

Or just click on the link above and scroll to the bottom left.

Carry on

Patrick

I can't find anything on the Versus website about 3 gun nation and it premier is only a week away. What gives?

Dude! I am an old guy, not a young tech savy guy like you.

Go to Versus. Click on "whats on". Scroll to the bottom left. You see the 3 gun nation banner?

Carry on

Patrick

Thanks Patrick! I knew somebody that will be on EVERY episode would know where to find it.

Kids,

This is a brand new TV show and it is in competition with a bunch of "known" programs.

WE, if we want this to succeed must not only watch it but must let the Versus people know that

we like it and want more of it.

This drives advertising dollars and that is the reason for having TV shows.

Crappy time slots are the norm for new untested programming. 3 Gun Nation is exactly that!

If the Versus email box is slammed full asking for more then we will probably get more.

So please spread the word...this is YOUR sport. Make it grow!

Yours is Sport

Patrick

Dude! I am an old guy, not a young tech savvy guy like you.

Carry on

Patrick

Thanks Patrick! I knew somebody that will be on EVERY episode would know where to find it.

Not every show :) I hope you all watch it for me because I don't have TV! Really I do not have TV.

I have a large monitor and a DVD player for movie entertainment but no cable, satellite or what have you.

See you at the Pan-Am mister!

Patrick

Interesting! So let me get this stragiht. There will be four additonal USPSA 3 gun stages. The 50 qualifiers from previous matches and the 10 additional qualifiers from the USPSA Nationals match will compete in the four stages to make it to the final 16 for the shootoff for $25,000?

I wonder how they are going to pick the additional 10? Guys like Burkett and Daniel Horner could show up and easily win their divisions at Nationals.

Edited by jtischauser

I think they said the "Wildcards" would be given to the top finishers at Nationals that have not already qualified for the 3-Gun Nation match.

So, yes, I hope Daniel H will get one of the Wildcard slots. It wasn't his fault he was deployed this year and missed most of the series!

Here is the problem I have with the wildcard slots. A guy who didnt take time out of his schedule (not talking about deployed soldiers, trust me) gets to compete for the same prize as the guy that made sure he made every match? Something sounds fishy. I think USPSA has their hooks in this one. Just my .02......

Here is the problem I have with the wildcard slots. A guy who didnt take time out of his schedule (not talking about deployed soldiers, trust me) gets to compete for the same prize as the guy that made sure he made every match? Something sounds fishy. I think USPSA has their hooks in this one. Just my .02......

That's kinda what I was thinkning. We could probably guess 8/10 of the shooters that will be receiveing the wildcards right now which I would assume is why they were created. Some, like Daniel deserve to be there because he was busy doing better things.

Edited by jtischauser

On the other hand, almost every sport allows for a wildcard entry into the championship. Golf, NFL, MLB, etc etc. Not every three gun shooter can make every match with the exception of those who have sponsorship help and even then it is tough.

How cool is it that 3 Gun Nation allows for a format that not only recognizes our best sponsored shooters but also those good shooters who work their ass off to hone their skills but maybe can't make the number of matches others can.

That doesn't address how stupid it would look to have a National Champion sit out the 3 Gun Nation shootoff, not because they lacked the skill and ability, but because they couldn't get enough vacation time.

Edited after Jesse's post

So we all agree that military deployment should be exempt, how about any other form of service personnel who couldn't work it into their schedule? if so then why not others who can't work the time into their professional life??????

There are more than a few great shooters that simply can't make the # of matches, nothing "fishy" about it.

Edited by smokshwn

Jesse, I think what Chad is suggesting, or at least what I'm thinking, is USPSA might be trying to use this to increase participation at the Nationals. After all, it's about the only big match that doesn't fill.

Either way, I think 3GN has done some great things for only being around about 6 months. I can't wait to see what they bring us next year. A dedicated match in the center of the US (maybe Tulsa?) would be awesome as a finale.

Jesse, I think what Chad is suggesting, or at least what I'm thinking, is USPSA might be trying to use this to increase participation at the Nationals. After all, it's about the only big match that doesn't fill.

Either way, I think 3GN has done some great things for only being around about 6 months. I can't wait to see what they bring us next year. A dedicated match in the center of the US (maybe Tulsa?) would be awesome as a finale.

That is part of it. Why werent wild cards given out at other matches??? Im also talking about some of the folks that will receive these wildcards. No names mentioned.....

Did I read correctly that the match after the nationals is $150?

Thats how I read it, but I thought that surely wasnt right. All those "average Joes" that got in will change their mind now.

I will name names. I was thinking the USPSA president might be able to get in now? Not that he isn't good enough to be there he just didn't make alll the requirements previously (correct me if I am wrond, I didn't scour the list). It also just so happens that they are going to get more participation in the USPSA nationals now. So they haven't made the USPSA nationals match better they made the side match more lucrative. Don't get me wrong more shooters at USPSa nationals is good and so is 3 gun nation. I just find it interesting how thigns change as the year progresses.

I also think Patrick Kelley should get a bye in round one since he has shot most of the matches and has done so well;)

Edited by jtischauser

Keep in mind that until RM3G, we won't know who shot the 3 required matches.

And I have no dog in this fight, but if I won the $25K I would want it to be because I beat the best- not because XXXXX couldn't get into the match. (or am I being naive?)

Keep in mind that until RM3G, we won't know who shot the 3 required matches.

And I have no dog in this fight, but if I won the $25K I would want it to be because I beat the best- not because XXXXX couldn't get into the match. (or am I being naive?)

If thats the case, they should do away with the three match requirement. And Jesse, Im not saying you hit the nail on the head.....Im just sayin......cheers.gif

Edited by abn-rgr