Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NY State Rifle Match -- Application Available

• 2 weeks later...

As of 3/21 there are 7 slots open

Saturday has 2 single slots

Sunday has 5 slots: a group of 2 and a group of 3

The match most likely will sell out this week. I will start a waiting list and notify any incoming applications.

If you or someone on your squad list did not receive a confirmation, there may have been a problem with their email address or delivery system. Check back with me for clarification.

Thanks,

Guy

As of 3/23

We had a squad of 10 reserved for Sunday opened up. There is still time to get in the match!!

Saturday has 2 single slots

Sunday has 15 slots: a group of 2 and a group of 3 and a group of 10

Everyone in the match has been notified if an email address was provided. If you did not receive a confirmation, please let us know.

NYSRM.SD@gmail.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

George,

We hope to have the stages posted by the end of the week.

I'll update here with the link.

Max range we have is 300m and yes.

I see two of the stages, if I am reading the descriptions right, require some 50 cal. work. So I guess 300m distance is where the 50 is likely to be used. Does anyone know from previous years what the longest shots are with the 223s?

Edited by BigMoosie

Last time, there were 300 meter shots in the long range stage (fixed time). Lots of fun.

Looking at the stage descriptions which would say is the long range stage in this event?

The "Sniper" stage is the long one.

In USPSA pistol matches, you must use the same pistol for all stages. I'm guessing that the same rule would apply for this rifle match. Hope this helps.

Edited by dapribek

Are there any rules to stop you from using a pistol caliber carbine on the shorter stages? I was thinking I might use my 9mm AR if it's allowed and use my 223 for the others.

You use the same gun for all stages. If you have breakage, it must be replaced with an equivelent firearm.

May 22nd at 10:30 PM, We are home.

This was a nice match. Well run, well thought out. It was not hard unless you made it so, it was not easy. You could easily screw up because you thought a stage was "easy". There were no shots that any reasonable shooter could not make, but there were many that could bite a higher classed shooter push too hard and lose points.

For the first time in years the range was essentially dry. There was a threat of thunderstorms, but none materialized.

Thank you to all the worked to put this match together and make it run. We appreciate your hard work.

Jim