Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tasco PDP3 Repair

apl

I have a Tasco PDP3BD that has been on my open gun for over 10 years. It was bullet proofed and shortned by a dot guy way back when. It finally has given up and has no adjustment in the windage. I have another one new that also was worked over but it only has a 3 moa dot. I have it on a Caspian with a Red Buff mount (Hiett).

Does anyone know someone who repairs Tasco Red Dots? thanks al

Have you searched for Tasco warranty service? Most scope manufacturers offer lifetime warranties. I've had Nikon replace a broken scope recently and a few years ago Simmons(I believe) replaced a pistol scope with a new Weaver.

Edited by boz1911

Boz, several years ago Tasco was bought out by Bushnell and all of the old warranty pretty much went out the window. If the scope was bought after Bushnell aquired Tasco Bushnell should be able to help with any repairs but anything before than and you will be sent through an outfit down in FL. For the life of me I can't remember what their name is but it cost me $28 to get my PDP5 CMP repaired. A call to (800) 423.3537 (the number listed on Tasco's web site) should get the OP pointed in the right direction. ^_^

Joe W.

Thanks everyone for the input. The problem I have is finding one with a big dot, the PDP3 is a 3 moa only. Mine is an 8. I will keep checking GB. Joe, I think the outfit you sent your scope to is www.aboutusainc.com, they are in FL. I found it today searching for Tasco repair. I will call tomorrow. Again thanks everybody. al

yep Ross was the guy who was 'bullet proofing' the tasco's and shorteningtheir tubes back in the day, but that was also when tasco's were pretty darned expensive too, like 250 a pop....now anyone and everyone has em for 50 bucks and under, I got a couple from optics planet at 35ish???(on sale) no big dots to be had, so had to settle with the normal one with a 5 MOA dot, positively tiny compared to the 12MOA i had on it, that died...

• 2 weeks later...

I found my old receipt from 3/15/06, it was a guy in OK that did the work he called himself OKIE-DOT his name was Jess Anderson in Pryor, OK.

He charged $115.00 for scope, BP 35.00, shorten 35.00 and bright 10.00. I have sent mine to ABO, I have not heard anything yet. Starting an S_I project now.

al

I found my old receipt from 3/15/06, it was a guy in OK that did the work he called himself OKIE-DOT his name was Jess Anderson in Pryor, OK.

He charged $115.00 for scope, BP 35.00, shorten 35.00 and bright 10.00. I have sent mine to ABO, I have not heard anything yet. Starting an S_I project now.

al

Hmmm. Thats $195 for a bullet proofed TASCO PDP3. I used to use these and got tired of having to swap them out every 3K-4K rounds when they went belly up. I switched to Aimpoint XDs and have never paid more than $175 for a used one. The Aimpoints are much better quality scopes and based on your numbers end up being a bit cheaper. TASCOs are truly false economy for a greatly inferior product.

my experience with ABO was not good. i sent the girlfriends PDP 4 down to be repaired. we got it back put it on the gun and got 10 rounds out of it and it blew apart. when we sent it back we were told they couldn't fix it. no refund of course. so we moved here into a Cmore.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...