Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Post office leaves tag,pick up bullets at mainPO

Blaster

I was home today go out and get mail and tag the mail lady left said she tried to deliver 70lbs Montana Gold bullets in flat rate box,but since I was not there to sign( I was home) I need to pick up bullets at main post office.I call MGs 800# and it is disconnected. I call other # get message that 800# was disconnected because it was getting too many calls and they are too busy to answer the phone.So I drive over to main Post Office wait in line and ask to see postmaster,she finally shows up.I explain I was home and no one rang bell knocked on door etc and I understand that the flat rate box is real heavy but I had paid to have it delivered to my house.It was scary how much she had to go ask someone answers to my questions that she did not know. After 5 minutes I realized that ordering bullets to be delivered flat rate to my house was not going to happen.When I got home I called Midway to change shipping on bullets I had back ordered from flat rate to ups ground.Blaster

I absolutely agree, I hate that as well. Same scenario with me, i was home, and I never heard a knock. So I had to go in as well and had the same talk with the manager at the Post office. I even brought proof. My front door has a CCTV and records on a 48 hour loop, only thing it caught was my neighbors cat sitting on the bench on the front porch.

It happened to me 4 orders in a row. My last order from MG was delivered on my door.

Yep, had a carrier do something similar to me. Very annoying! Try to get the office supervisor or postmaster on the phone.....contacting the postal inspection service through their website didn't work at all for a recent issue I had. R,

Its no wonder that the USPS is downsizing- they just plain suck. Several years ago I sold an AR upper and sent it USPS; I flipped one of the digits in the address and yet they still delivered it to the wrong address, thereby the wrong person, despite the fact it was insured and had to be signed for to be delivered. What's the point of a signature required if they will just give it to whomever signs for it. To make matters worse, they wouldn't release the signature form to me so I could have local law enforcement take care of the person fraudulently signing for something they didn't order.

All the bullets I have ordered from MG and not one box has required a signature. Second, the post office has always delivered the boxes. My PO will even make a special delivery.

I would complain to their boss. We pay to have the boxes delivered. Yes, you are paying the shipping.

Its no wonder that the USPS is downsizing- they just plain suck. Several years ago I sold an AR upper and sent it USPS; I flipped one of the digits in the address and yet they still delivered it to the wrong address, thereby the wrong person, despite the fact it was insured and had to be signed for to be delivered. What's the point of a signature required if they will just give it to whomever signs for it. To make matters worse, they wouldn't release the signature form to me so I could have local law enforcement take care of the person fraudulently signing for something they didn't order.

By law, if you receive something through the mail that you didn't request or order, it's yours. YOU should not have gotten the address wrong on something so important.

By law, if you receive something through the mail that you didn't request or order, it's yours. YOU should not have gotten the address wrong on something so important.

So by law, if you sign for something with someone else's name on it, you are good? I take responsibility (and ate the cost) for my mistake, but what's the point of signing for something if that signature isn't who it was addressed to and no legal ramifications exist for someone signing fraudulently?

Not to get off topic...

Yeah, that really sucks...

I just had the same thing happen with an MG bullet delivery - only in my case, the carrier came to the door, rang the bell, and took off. My wife literally came out the front door, hurried after the guy, calling after him. He turned and looked right at her, said nothing, then hopped back in his van and took off. :angry2:

When I went down to the PO to pick the bullets up, they told me I'd have to come around to the back and pick up the package myself because it was "really heavy"... I said, wrong, I paid for shipping to my house, so you need to get someone to bring it out and put it in the car for me... :sight:

She thought about it for a moment, and agreed that was fair.

Norm from MG called back this morning,seems like a good guy,says that for 1000s of flate rate boxes shipped not that many problems.MG insures the box for more than $200 to make sure they do not end in dumpster.PO requires signiture because of ins. I asked Norm about UPS since UPS driver is good guy( I take care of him at Christmas)and said that was ok if I covered the extra cost.Seems like best option since talking with Postmaster she did not give impression she was in control of mail carriers. Blaster

Honestly I don't have a big issue with going to the PO to pick them up since I don't have a good place to leave them at my front door. If it's raining out they may get soaked and I could be out for a couple days. However I DO get pissed when I go to the PO and they go around hooting and hollering about how heavy these damn boxes are, etc, etc... all in a crowded post office. People stare at me like WTF is this guy getting?