Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

40 major load with WST or titegroup....

tigerfan_9

Not a Glock but in my Tanfoglio limited I get 171PF with 5.0gr WST and Zero 180gr Zero JHP. Running long at 1.200" which may not work for you. Titegroup may be better for your use, I just like the push I get with WST and super clean!!!

I use 4.7 gr of Titegroup and a 180 gr Montana Gold. Through a G35 I get around 172 pf. I get about 170 pf through a G22. That is using my chrono. I have been as high as 175 pf at a match. 4.7 gr of Titegroup is the max load according to my manual.

I would stay away from tring to make Major with WST. Get some WSF if you want to use a Winchester powder or as others have stated use the TG you have.

yeah it appears you have to go over max load values on WST to get major, was just curious if that was the case shooting in a glock 35.

Using a Zero, 180 grain jhp, and loaded short enough to fit in a Glock mag, with Winchester small pistol primers, I was getting 169pf out of my Glock 35 (factory barrel) with only 4.2 grains of Titegroup.

180 gr. MG CMJ, 5.2 gr. WST, 170 PF, 1.190 COL, no pressure to speak of.

180 gr. Missouri Cast TC, 4.8 gr. WST, 172 PF, 1.190 COL, no pressure problems.

Both loads are real clean, these are both long to run in a Para, won't work in a glock.

thanks for the input.....looks like some of you are getting major out of starting loads for titegroup. i guess i'll start at 4.2 which is the published starting load on hodgdon.com and go from there.

what kind of velocity increase are you guys seeing with titegroup from winter to summer?

+ 1 on 4.7gr WST with Precision 185gr and +1 with 5.1gr 180gr Zero/MTG.

If you use TiteGroup with Precison bullets you will get a lot of smoke.

Another nice load is the 200gr Zero with 4.3gr of TiteGroup.

WST & TiteGroup are both reverse temp sensative getting more power when cold.

WST & TiteGroup are both reverse temp sensative getting more power when cold.

Which is why I have multiple WST loads... Just chrono'd some this morning at 46 degrees. 4.7 gr of WST and a 180 gr TC didn't make major, but 4.9 did. However, the 4.7 load did when it was in the mid-30's.