Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How good is a good M&P trigger?

waktasz

I haven't shot a slicked up XDm, but the M&P trigger can be made very good. A well worked M&P is the best trigger I've shot in a polymer pistol. (Compared to a number of tuned Glocks, a tuned non-m XD, and any number of stock guns.)

The M&P can be given a damn nice trigger... and it can be done with stock springs, and nothing but a dremel and some patience.

I've got mine set up between 3.5 and 4 pounds because I like 'em a bit heavy, but 2.5 pounds and smooth as glass isn't hard.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

I was asking this same question not long ago and ended going with the M&P. The trigger can be done to be light with a short reset and break at the rear of the travel so there is not much overtravel. I don't think you can get as much of the pre-travel out as you can with the XDM. Overall I prefer the M&P but I feel the trigger can be made to be better on the XDM or at least the ones I have tried. For clarity, I am speaking of guns that have been sent out to smiths for the work. I hope this is helpful

3 lb crisp like a 1911...........it can be made to break high or close to the frame depending on finger size (both my wife's and mine were specd to break high up and reset high)........DBurwell can get them down to 2.25 but not as crisp as the 3 lb job.

Crisp crisp crisp. imperceptible overtravel, three pounds. superfast reset. whats not to like?

That sounds pretty good. I have not shot one yet, only fondled once. Can't wait til the 40 Pro comes out

Crisp crisp crisp. imperceptible overtravel, three pounds. superfast reset. whats not to like?

That sounds pretty good. I have not shot one yet, only fondled once. Can't wait til the 40 Pro comes out

You and me both brother!

A friend just got an M&P Pro 9 and was happy with it. He dry fired mine that has only the Ti firing pin safety plunger from SSS installed and a tiny bit of polishing done to one or two spots. He immediately said "wow, that's MUCH better". I'm going to get one of Ken's sears to see how that will be combined with the Ti plunger....I've heard good reports.

Honestly, I'd shoot Nationals tomorrow with the combo I have and not worry about it. Yeah, a little lighter/crisper with a shorter reset and a touch less takeup would be nice, but it's not really necessary. R,

You and me both brother!

A friend just got an M&P Pro 9 and was happy with it. He dry fired mine that has only the Ti firing pin safety plunger from SSS installed and a tiny bit of polishing done to one or two spots. He immediately said "wow, that's MUCH better". I'm going to get one of Ken's sears to see how that will be combined with the Ti plunger....I've heard good reports.

Honestly, I'd shoot Nationals tomorrow with the combo I have and not worry about it. Yeah, a little lighter/crisper with a shorter reset and a touch less takeup would be nice, but it's not really necessary. R,

I tried a stock 40 pro series at the shot show and the trigger was ok. Better than a non pro series gun, but not as nice as the aftermarket sears that are available.

Seiichi

I tried a stock 40 pro series at the shot show and the trigger was ok. Better than a non pro series gun, but not as nice as the aftermarket sears that are available.

Seiichi

Oh great, that's like telling a junkie "this is the best stuff I've ever had dude" :roflol:

Now I'm going to have to order one of the sears...at least I can blame it on someone else (you) for a change :P

I kinda liken it to when I first tried my first XD trigger from Canyon Creek. I went....Damnnnn......

I recently got a stock .40 that I won last year, and it finally got shipped. I pulled it out of the wrapper, cleared it, and tried the trigger and about cried.

I then got out my 9L and tried my 2.5 trigger and put the .40 back in the box until I can do the trigger.....

With lightened firing pin springs you can go down to 2lbs, but you have to run federal primers and make sure they are perfectly seated. With the factory FP spring you can run the trigger at 2.5lbs, and with a internal trigger stop I would put my trigger against the best XD triggers out there as well.

In short, it can be a helluva lot better!

Try some, and see what you think!

DougC

I wasnt talking about a stock trigger, lol. But the last couple Ive felt were pretty damn good from the factory.