Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Would anyone like to shoot together?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well dang Lisa.....if you bring sandwiches I'll shoot with you.

Yeah Jason, I bet you would shoot with her if she made you bring the samich's. roflol.gif

CYa,

Pat

BTW, are you coming over for the High Desert Classic this year?

HaHa! I would probably make the sandwiches.

And I do plan on coming over to shoot this year. I love the High Desert Classic.

Edited by jasmap

Is anyone interested in shooting with me? Just looking for a shooting buddy. I'm in North County San Diego. Not crazy about shooting alone; it's not much fun setting up and tearing down by yourself.

Maybe this is a trap. In any event, there is a 3 Gun match this Sunday at Pala. Here is the link: http://www.lineadefuego.info/new

It's a good time to go because Superstition Mountain Mystery 3 Gun coming up next month. Many of the good 3 gunners in So Kali will be there in preparation for SMM3G so you can watch, shoot, and learn. Sign ups at 8:30 and shooter starts at 9am. If you're going to go, reply back with what you have as far as guns go and we'll figure out what division you'll shoot.

Is anyone interested in shooting with me? Just looking for a shooting buddy. I'm in North County San Diego. Not crazy about shooting alone; it's not much fun setting up and tearing down by yourself.

Maybe this is a trap. In any event, there is a 3 Gun match this Sunday at Pala. Here is the link: http://www.lineadefuego.info/new

It's a good time to go because Superstition Mountain Mystery 3 Gun coming up next month. Many of the good 3 gunners in So Kali will be there in preparation for SMM3G so you can watch, shoot, and learn. Sign ups at 8:30 and shooter starts at 9am. If you're going to go, reply back with what you have as far as guns go and we'll figure out what division you'll shoot.

Thanks a million, JohnGaultsGun. I should be there on Sunday. Have shot this match before and have all the guns. In the past, I've used other people's Benelli's in the squads. From now on, will be shooting my Remington 870. It's been completely customized and even, "Vang Comped." However, I'm not familiar enough with it. Do you have advice on staying on target with a pump action?

Also, I'm not used to shooting without a buddy. I get stuck on the little things and am not very confident about taping up and resetting. It's at that point, that I'm afraid of messing up the stage for some else. People say to just follow the guy with the clipboard to make sure all targets have been accounted for but the rest of the guys who are taping up just keep a running count in their heads. So, they end up taping and it looks like I'm lazy and not taping up quickly enough.

Thanks a million, JohnGaultsGun. I should be there on Sunday. Have shot this match before and have all the guns. In the past, I've used other people's Benelli's in the squads. From now on, will be shooting my Remington 870. It's been completely customized and even, "Vang Comped." However, I'm not familiar enough with it. Do you have advice on staying on target with a pump action?

Also, I'm not used to shooting without a buddy. I get stuck on the little things and am not very confident about taping up and resetting. It's at that point, that I'm afraid of messing up the stage for some else. People say to just follow the guy with the clipboard to make sure all targets have been accounted for but the rest of the guys who are taping up just keep a running count in their heads. So, they end up taping and it looks like I'm lazy and not taping up quickly enough.

Waaait aaaa minute. I know you ...

Ah HA! This IS a trap. Just kidding...truly kidding. Took a bit to figure it out but we do know each other. Did you realize it after reading, "I look like I'm lazy?"

Any advice on the 870? No? Everyone has Benelli's?

Edited by Lisa C

Ah HA! This IS a trap. Just kidding...truly kidding. Took a bit to figure it out but we do know each other. Did you realize it after reading, "I look like I'm lazy?"

I figured it out after finally looking at your Avatar!

The vang comp will put you in OPEN class for 3 gun and you'll be at a disadvantage if your rifle/pistol is not set up for open as well. That said, you can still use a pump (without comp) in Tactical or Limited or Heavy Metal. Heavy Metal is where you usually see pump actions and the reason why the rest of us use semi-autos in Limited/Tactical (I use a benelli).

Keeping the 870 on target is just a matter of practice. One advantage of using a pump is that you can use much lighter loads and not worry about your action not cycling. Lighter loads tend to wreak havoc on stock autoloaders. However, you risk not being able to knock down steel if you do not have an adjustable choke.

I started a thread just like this about a year ago and Im still shooting by myself. WTF guys. :roflol:

Jesse...you crack me up! :roflol:

Had a hard time finding people to shoot with me, gave up, and started hiring instructors. Geez...I had to pay people to shoot with me. :blink:

Can I send you a plane ticket to Tampa, FL... Lotsa matches here, and I have keys to the range!

LOL

Jeff

I figured it out after finally looking at your Avatar!

The vang comp will put you in OPEN class for 3 gun and you'll be at a disadvantage if your rifle/pistol is not set up for open as well. That said, you can still use a pump (without comp) in Tactical or Limited or Heavy Metal. Heavy Metal is where you usually see pump actions and the reason why the rest of us use semi-autos in Limited/Tactical (I use a benelli).

Keeping the 870 on target is just a matter of practice. One advantage of using a pump is that you can use much lighter loads and not worry about your action not cycling. Lighter loads tend to wreak havoc on stock autoloaders. However, you risk not being able to knock down steel if you do not have an adjustable choke.

Edited by Lisa C

Perfect explanation. Thanks for the warning.

Nothing but the comp is ready for open class. Is this correct? The VangComp barrel has the series of holes on top which makes a lighter recoil and that barrel, by definition of compensator, falls into open gun class? Kind of stuck here. Couldn't afford the Benelli so I kept having adjustments made to handle the recoil of the 870. I shoulda coulda whoa whoa woulda...Benelli.

Now if your still looking for a "Shooting Buddy" on Sundays 3 gun match at Pala

I'll bring a bag of Gummy Bears.

If you feed Religious Shooter a few at the shooters meeting, he'll be your buddy for life (he even has tactical pockets on his pants just for snacks on long stages.

As for tips on shooting an 870 pump ask some of the Pala boys ,there a few that shoot 870's very fast.

and I know they would be very glad to help out.

Tyro, do you have any chuckers/strippers for shotgun on Sunday? Ordering them for this Sunday's match but they won't be delivered in time. My pockets don't hold much of anything else but your gummy bears.

What would like on your sandwich? Turkey or roast beef? Mustard or mayo?

I started a thread just like this about a year ago and Im still shooting by myself. WTF guys. :roflol:

Jesse...you crack me up! :roflol:

Had a hard time finding people to shoot with me, gave up, and started hiring instructors. Geez...I had to pay people to shoot with me. :blink:

Can I send you a plane ticket to Tampa, FL... Lotsa matches here, and I have keys to the range!

LOL

Jeff

Jeff, Jeff. Fine, I'll dive into the Gulf, which one was it? On my right or your left? Collect your guns and let's shoot together at your range. Finders keepers, though. Will bring tacos.

Lisa

Edited by Lisa C

Yes I do have some extra speed loaders . . . . . . I always feel the need to start off an average shot gun stage with 30-40 rounds on board at the buzzer . . . . I miss a lot

I'm also going to try out some new Federal 12ga. 12 pellet 00 buck Magnums . . I'm trying to get the MGM double spinner over in one shot.

• 2 weeks later...

Tyro, do you have any chuckers/strippers for shotgun on Sunday? Ordering them for this Sunday's match but they won't be delivered in time. My pockets don't hold much of anything else but your gummy bears.

What would like on your sandwich? Turkey or roast beef? Mustard or mayo?

Gummy bears, sandwiches, shooting you need to move to Connecticut

• 4 months later...

Note: I cleaned out a few posts in this thread that seemed to be quotes and contained no content. I also went ahead and tweaked the title a bit while I was in the neighborhood.

Since it is more of a local based question (and not a match announcement) I will also move it to the "location" forum.

- Mod Squad

Note: I cleaned out a few posts in this thread that seemed to be quotes and contained no content. I also went ahead and tweaked the title a bit while I was in the neighborhood.

Since it is more of a local based question (and not a match announcement) I will also move it to the "location" forum.

- Mod Squad

thanks!