Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rhino Shot My Glock!!!

skeeter

I even took off my glove and touched it with my bare skin!

When I shot twix G35, I wore my glove . . . just in case! ;)

I also put about half of my shots off the target to the left because I could just barely reach the triggers!

And for full disclosure, let also have it on record that skeeter shot not one, but TWO 1911s today!

Ok I thought Rhino shot your glock using his 1911 :P

I tried, but he's too quick! :lol:

Skeeter is someone I would never, ever challenge in that way. In addition to the fact that he shoots much faster and more accurately than I do, I kinda like him!

Well, in a manly, close-but-not-touching kind of way, of course! :unsure:

Let him shoot a 1911 that can print 1 inch groups at 25 meters.

Make him rest the pistol and get a 6 or 8 inch plate and shoot it 50 meters away (do zero the gun first)

When he hits it consistently, he will be a convert :D and see the light

dont get me wrong, I love plastic in my guns. but i want them to be very accurate since I love shooting small things and small groups.

My HK USP is a plastic fantastic and so is my SVI. :)

A glock will do nicely in ipsc production. But if I buy a glock, Ill have a bar sto barrel fitted tightly so i can shoot the bianchi plates at 50 meters :D

sorry guys i gave up a real nice para so i could shoot a glock. ain't changing now.

plates at 50 yards! please, i chase bowling pins and coffee cans all over the range at 200 yards with my glock standing and can hit 1/2 size steele ipsc targets at 100.

now i wouldn't mind a nice 1911. it could go in my collection of antique beer bottles, and an old style flush toilets :D you know to show people what it was like in the good old days

plates at 50 yards! please, i chase bowling pins and coffee cans all over the range at 200 yards with my glock standing and can hit 1/2 size steele ipsc targets at 100.

200 yards on a pistol? :wacko:

Thats mighty good shooting. At that range a human sized target will be as big a big red ant. I dont know how you will be able to see a bowling pin or a coffee cup at that range.

At that range i will use my ar and hit those bowling pins. a pistol round cannot be predicted at that range due to its ballistics.

"...now i wouldn't mind a nice 1911. it could go in my collection of antique beer bottles, and an old style flush toilets  you know to show people what it was like in the good old days..." (skeeter)
TIGHTLOOP??!!!!!...... This one's a** is YOURS!! <_<:lol:

jasonub

I can't do it standing, but I did put 5 of 7 shots on a paper plate at 200 yds off the bench. Get a copy of Fast and Fancy Revolver Shooting by Ed McGivern. He shows targets that he and his friends shot at 600 yds, Elmer Keith regularily talked about shooting at 200 yds with his pistols.

[edit]

Skeeter

When the Glock has been around for 92 yrs, fought in two World Wars, a Police Action, and 5 or more regional conflicts, like the 1911, with the same success, I will call for the retirement of the 1911 platform.

Chase is the operative word in your post for shooting standing at 200 yds. That is why there are 16+ rounds in that polymer thing, cause with the crappy trigger, you need all of them to get close. Personally I am happy you shoot Glock. More good 1911's for those who want them.

Don't know what part of the country you live in, but if it isn't warm so you can shoot outside, you better be waring out the dry fire routine, cause the guys who shoot the steel guns (read 1911 or 2011) are coming to see you in the spring.

Edited by Flexmoney

jasonub

I can't do it standing, but I did put 5 of 7 shots on a paper plate at 200 yds off the bench.  Get a copy of Fast and Fancy Revolver Shooting by Ed McGivern.  He shows targets that he and his friends shot at 600 yds, Elmer Keith regularily talked about shooting at 200 yds with his pistols. 

[edit]

Skeeter

When the Glock has been around for 92 yrs, fought in two World Wars, a Police Action, and 5 or more regional conflicts, like the 1911, with the same success, I will call for the retirement of the 1911 platform.

Chase is the operative word in your post for shooting standing at 200 yds.  That is why there are 16+ rounds in that polymer thing, cause with the crappy trigger, you need all of them to get close.  Personally I am happy you shoot Glock.  More good 1911's for those who want them.

Don't know what part of the country you live in, but if it isn't warm so you can shoot outside,  you better be waring out the dry fire routine, cause the guys who shoot the steel guns (read 1911 or 2011) are coming to see you in the spring.

tight, never realy took the time to shoot off a bench a 200. but i'm sure i could keep them on an ipsc target not sure about a paper plate but it might be fun to try.

and it's good to see other folks who have read Mcgivern and Keith.

i live and shoot in indiana,we shoot all winter that way it toughens you up for the wimpy days of summer.

you know the long bow was state of the art for hunderds of years. but they dropped it like a stinking turd when the match lock came along. maybe it's time to put the 1911 to bed. :D

by the way isn't the 2011 a 1911 trying to be a glock? :P

Edited by Flexmoney

Skeeter

Glad you are tough enough to shoot in that kind of cold, I am not that tough.

It is all about choices. One for me and another for you. As I have said B4, life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog or shoot with a Glock.

Seems I remember a post about you shooting a 1911 at the last match. A real Glock person wouldn't let a steel gun touch their hand. Guess you aren't as fervent as you would have us think you are. Bet you are a closet 1911 shooter.

tight, all in all i agree with you but looks are in the eye of the beholder.

by the way what type of hunting dogs do you have?when me and wife the with got married i wanted a German Short hair. she vetoed that because an ex girlfriend had one. so we got Brittanys instead. turned out great as the are great dogs good pets and hunters. looked good too. then last year we lost my favorite Skeeter(yes my screen name was my dog). so last spring we got a Weimaraner pup. now there is a good looking dog although she doesn't seem to be the brightest in the box, though she still learning to hyper for now. :wub:

oh, it wasn't a match just practice. i use my glocks for everything uspsa, bowling pins, steele, and idpa.

Skeeter is the 2003 Indiana State Limited champion.

TL, Rhino says you may make a swing through here. I sincerely look forward to shooting with you. And don't worry, you'll feel right at home with way more 1911 guys than Glock jocks.

Tom Bergamn