Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Will there be a Fort Benning 2010 3-Gun?:

We do not know yet.

And, trust me, I would be among the first to hear about this. I am rarely slow to post announcements regarding a match. I will put together an announcement as soon as I am sure one way or the other. Don't expect to hear anything for a month or two.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

This reminds me of the scene with Jim Carey from Dumb and Dumber: Modified for this thread of course

3 Gunner: What do you think the chances are of a guy like me getting to shoot at Fort Benning Next year?

Linda: Well, 3 Gunner, that's difficult to say. I mean, we don't really...

3 Gunner: Hit me with it! Just give it to me straight! I came a long way just to see you, Linda. The least you can do is level with me. What are my chances?

Linda: Not good.

3 Gunner: You mean, not good like one out of a hundred?

Linda: I'd say more like one out of a million.

[pause]

3 Gunner: So you're telling me there's a chance... *YEAH!*

Linda, Thanks again for all that you do!

• 2 weeks later...

This reminds me of the scene with Jim Carey from Dumb and Dumber: Modified for this thread of course

3 Gunner: What do you think the chances are of a guy like me getting to shoot at Fort Benning Next year?

Linda: Well, 3 Gunner, that's difficult to say. I mean, we don't really...

3 Gunner: Hit me with it! Just give it to me straight! I came a long way just to see you, Linda. The least you can do is level with me. What are my chances?

Linda: Not good.

3 Gunner: You mean, not good like one out of a hundred?

Linda: I'd say more like one out of a million.

[pause]

3 Gunner: So you're telling me there's a chance... *YEAH!*

Linda, Thanks again for all that you do!

How did you get my email to linda?

• 2 weeks later...

I heard yesterday that the FB3G was not going to happen for 2010, but this does not mean that there will not be another FB3G match. Can anyone confirm or deny this. I can't imagine that anyone would find out sooner than Linda and she has not updated us yet, so I am still hopeful.

3gunner, I apologize. I used the generic name "3gunner" being ignorant to the fact that someone on this forum actually had the username "3gunner" (which I should have known). In no way was I implying that you in any way resemble or are assoicated with the particular character portrayed by Jim Carey in "Dumb in Dumber" and I promise never to hack into your e-mail account again. :D

Edited by DMAC

Just posted on Facebook from the AMU!!!!

U.S. Army Marksmanship Unit Due to the overwhelming demand, the USAMU is proud to announce that we will host the 2010 Fort Benning 3-Gun Challenge from 3-5 Dec 2010. - LTC Hodne, Commander

Ok, let the waiting begin!

We do not know yet.

And, trust me, I would be among the first to hear about this. I am rarely slow to post announcements regarding a match. I will put together an announcement as soon as I am sure one way or the other. Don't expect to hear anything for a month or two.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

Linda,

Not a bad guess, just over a month till the AMU said 2010 is a go! :)

Now to wait for the sign up race.

-mike-

Edited by uumikew