Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Pics in New Page or Magic Floating Box?

benos

New page, PLEASE!! I hate the box thing. I like to open pictures and flip back and forth between them or sometimes open them and leave them open to show other people later. This box thing won't let you do that, at least that I've found. IMO, all links, pictures, etc should open in a new window!

+1

I too dislike the floating box thing....

I get that not everyone likes it. I'm on the fence -- don't really care one way or another....

As I discover new ways to do stuff on this version of the board though, I'll try to pass 'em along, to hopefully ease some of the pain/annoyance/aggravation....

To me closing them isn't the real problem (unless it's like Chris said, then ESC works) it's leaving them open. If I want to show somebody some sweet blaster or something I can't just open three or four windows and leave them open to show them later. Or if I'm trying to flip back and forth between pictures from different threads to compare, say a comp or something, stuff like that. To me the "box" just sucks. Sorry Brian but in my opinion it's a major step backward for the forum. It makes life harder instead of easier.

To me closing them isn't the real problem (unless it's like Chris said, then ESC works) it's leaving them open. If I want to show somebody some sweet blaster or something I can't just open three or four windows and leave them open to show them later. Or if I'm trying to flip back and forth between pictures from different threads to compare, say a comp or something, stuff like that. To me the "box" just sucks. Sorry Brian but in my opinion it's a major step backward for the forum. It makes life harder instead of easier.

Thanks but no reason to be sorry. I wish there was something I could do about it, but there isn't. The new software has SO MANY improved features, overall it's a vast improvement. Not only on the main board but even more so in the Admin section.

If you want to save/compare multiple pics, one slightly PITA workaround is to save them all to your desktop. For all computers, there's a "Save" button at the lower right hand side of the opened pic. And on a Mac I can just drag the opened pic to the desktop.

be

I hate the magic box, but I won't ever see it. I always right click, and open in a new tab.

I tried to do that, but it will not even give me a chance to right click.

Chris and SLM...what browser are you using?

For me, using Internet Explorer 8, I can right-click on the picture and choose to open in a new window or in a new tab (instead of left-clicking on the picture to summon the MFB).

Edited by High Lord Gomer

For me, using Internet Explorer 8, I can right-click on the picture and choose to open in a new window or in a new tab (instead of left-clicking on the picture to summon the MFB).

There ye go. That may be the best solution. Works for me on Mac/Safari.

be

There ye go. That may be the best solution. Works for me on Mac/Safari.

be

Doesn't work with Firefox. Right clicking just opens the MFB.

Can you tell me why the format on these two threads is different? Is it the size of the picture or where they are hosted?

When thumbnail is clicked it opens MFB for me.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=100903

When thumbnail(large thumbnail) is clicked it opens the picture to a larger size in the thread. No MFB.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=100782

Edited by 01G8R

Thanks but no reason to be sorry. I wish there was something I could do about it, but there isn't. The new software has SO MANY improved features, overall it's a vast improvement. Not only on the main board but even more so in the Admin section.

Just saying the picture box thing is a step back, not the new software, although it is much slower to load on my work machine but that's not a big issue. Believe me, I'm not complaining about any other changes, just the floating box. I know a couple other sites that use it and hate it just as much there too! :sick: I just wish we could go back to the old way here, that's all. Much better than the "new" way in my opinion.

Mr. Gomer, browser wise I use Firefox all the time. I tried IE8 with Windows 7 and still don't like it. To me IE has a long, long way to go to even begin to give Firefox a run for its money. It's better but still not there... :(

01G8R, I think the difference between the two threads is that the pictures are uploaded here in the first thread you linked (the carry gun) and in the second (flashy revo) they are hosted at Photobucket and just linked here. The software deals with them differently. And yea, I've noticed it too. :)