Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Please note that all Saturday slots for the PSA SHOOTOUT have been filled and we're close to filling all Friday slots as well. If you haven't registered and plan to do so, please select Sunday (AM or PM) or Thursday.

Thanks!

Kay

• 2 months later...

Matt,

Neither Steve nor I signed up. Good thing...I just found out how far off to the right my gun/sights were hitting...Rayner's had some 25y + shots. (I might have known that sooner if I got into the habit of putting that rear sight to use.)

Knock some steel down for me.

great match...again this year! stages 1 and 6 killed me in stock (come to think of it, they killed me in open too!). definitely need more practice on those tiny targets...(i think i said the same thing last year :wacko: )

saw a killer 12 second run on popper mania...that was an awesome run.

NEWS : HOT OFF THE PRESS

Matt Trout is King of Steel. Shot with him today and I don't see how anyone can beat him in Open.

Maybe I can at least win one stage.... Popper Mania in the 11's.

A

Matt Trout is King of Steel.  Shot with him today and I don't see how anyone can beat him in Open.

total time???

Maybe I can at least win one stage.... Popper Mania in the 11's.

and i thought the 12 second run was awesome...

Wow, thanks for the compliments guys!

First and foremost we should all thank the group at PSA for putting on a spectacular match! The RO's and staff did a great job as usual, and most of us can't wait for next year.

My match: I shot pretty solid in stock auto with the exception of the last stage. I had a case stuck in the chamber that costed me over 12 seconds with 1 steel left. I would have been sub 100 without that happening. Total was a 113.

I shot ok in open, but lost it on the last stage. Popper mania got me with a bad load and a few misses. I can't find my sheet but it should be under 100 for sure. I wouldn't say I have the match won because their were alot of great shooters there. A few mistakes can kill you at a match like this. I'm just happy I only had ONE brain fart!

We had great squads that worked hard and had a good time. Mr Benson had a rough start but shot a great match. He's for sure impressive when he's in his grove. You're gun shoots great but it's ugly! :P DWT shot damn good but had some problems with the glock on one stage. He would have been in the 120's.

I got to meet another BE'er, Bill Schwab (sorry for the spelling!). Bill had a rough start too, like all of us, but got on his game later on. He definetely has talent and he showed it hammering on some stages. All in all it was a great experience and I think eveyone had a great time.

Adam, I got us hooked up for A7 and A8. I'll email you.

Thanks again,

Son, or Matt :D

Don't expect scores any time soon, whether they are still shooting the match or not. Its a ton of fun to shoot steel at PSA but they have historically taken weeks to post scores.

Our only option is to post individual scores here among those BE shooters who participated. I'll start:

OPEN class

Stage 1 - 21.61

Stage 2 - 16.37

Stage 3 - 17.78

Stage 4 - 13.15

Stage 5 - 11.75

Stage 6 - 30.61 (started here and shot terrible on those little plates)

TOTAL = 111.27

Stage 6 - 30.61 (started here and shot terrible on those little plates)

TOTAL = 111.27

Nope, that wasn't terrible shooting ---- my open auto run Saturday morning on that stage beats that ----81.84 seconds, shooting my G-34 production gun. I can't remember ever shooting that badly. I was so tense that I could have probably manufactured diamonds that morning.

Fortunately it got better shooting Stock in the afternoon. I was scared ---- so my approach was to hold a perfect sight picture on each plate and stroke the trigger. It worked too, I only needed four makeup shots for five bad shots --- the fifth bad shot was a quality mistake; edge hits taking down down two plates with one bullet. I'm pretty sure I could never reproduce that particular alignment of sights, plates and planets...... Turned out to be 47.90 seconds....

Here's the rest of it:

Open Auto:

Stage 1: 45.54

Stage 2: 47.56

Stage 3: 40.70

Stage 4: 30.98

Stage 5: 32.40

Stage 6: 81.84

Total: 279.02

Stock Auto:

Stage 1: 43.86

Stage 2: 34.31

Stage 3: 41.72

Stage 4: 28.44

Stage 5: 28.55

Stage 6: 47.90

Total: 224.78

You would think that counting to 10 would be just a little bit easier. I was a little dissapointed with my times, but here they are. I had a ton of fun and I'm already looking forward to next year. :D

Open Auto:

Stage 1: 29.14

Stage 2: 24.66

Stage 3: 26.92

Stage 4: 17.34

Stage 5: 20.46

Stage 6: 30.67

Total: 149.19

here are mine...

Open Auto:

Stage 1: 32.04

Stage 2: 29.57

Stage 3: 26.07

Stage 4: 16.46 (got a reshoot on this one and actually improved)

Stage 5: 20.40

Stage 6: 28.47

Total: 153.01

Stock Auto:

Stage 1: 43.72 :wacko:

Stage 2: 25.29

Stage 3: 26.56

Stage 4: 17.58

Stage 5: 19.56

Stage 6: 42.24 :wacko:

Total: 175.25

for the most part i was a little out of control, and shot too fast. when i got the reshoot on stage 4 in open (1st time was 19.62), i told myself to just slow down a little and get better hits. i did, and improved by over 3 seconds. there's a good lesson in there.

hey kay and brad, thanx for another great day of shooting at the psa shootout, we all had a great time,,, and even the weather held out for all on sat,, thanx again for all the work you and your staff did to make it all happen,,, staywell john

Great match as always! I shot on Sunday afternoon. The rain held off and we only got hailed on twice. Started on 4 and shot well on 4, 5 and 6. I blew 1 in a big way, pulled it together a bit on 2 and then had a melt down on 3. Oh well, there's always next year. :)