Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Springfield RO in 9MM

Glenzo

I shot one when they 1st came out and was in this same dilemma, i called them and asked and they told me but sorry, i can't remember what the factory weight was . If no one can help, give them a call .

I don’t what the factory recoil spring weight is, but a 10lb one worked great in mine, main spring/hamme spring would depend on if the ILS is still installed, I ditched the ILS almost immediately and used a 17lb spring with straight 70 series guts

The gun is relatively new and does not have ILS.  Their 1-800 number does not seem to accept calls from outside the U.S.

My plan is to go with a lighter main and recoil spring. Then add the Dawson extended firing pin and spring.

I just need to know what is in there now and how low I can go while retaining reliability with no light strikes.

Before you go changing parts, establish a "baseline" for firing pin force.  Best way to do that is with a standard #2 pencil with an eraser and a tape measure.  Hold the tape measure vertical, then with a VERIFIED empty gun, drop the pencil in the barrel, hold it vertical next to the tape measure then pull the trigger.  Measure how far the pencil currently goes vertical out of the barrel.  Then when you start making changes you can do the test again and get a comparative force of firing pin force.

It doesn't give you a specific "this will work for x primers" number, but it's a quick way to tell if it's going to have lightstrike issues without wasting a range trip.  However after doing this and recording data for a while i know that i need on my .45 at least 12" of vertical pencil movement to be 100% with all primers i use (Win & S&B).  at around 8"-10" it's about 99% reliable, and lower than that causes tons of light strikes.

2 hours ago, Glenzo said:

The gun is relatively new and does not have ILS.  Their 1-800 number does not seem to accept calls from outside the U.S.

My plan is to go with a lighter main and recoil spring. Then add the Dawson extended firing pin and spring.

I just need to know what is in there now and how low I can go while retaining reliability with no light strikes.

17lbs Wolff Main Spring will give you great reliability and you will easily be able to get whatever lbs of pull weight from good parts with that M/S