Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TONI FRAME WEIGHTS

bowenbuilt

Also posted in the speed holster for glocks with frame weights and thumb rest thread.

Here is my Toni System modified Ghost Holster The One, Glock 35. About $200 out the door, taxed and shipped UPS from Italy.

20180412_215523.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, mmlook said:

does anyone in the US stock this?

If you are referring to the frame weight with attached thumbrest, mine came from Italy. I detailed the easy purchase process in an earlier post on the Enos Forums. It was no more than two weeks from first contact through the Toni Systems website to receipt of my order. That smooth process led me to later order a Ghost the One holster from Toni Systems modified by them to fit their frame weight. Great customer service. 

18 minutes ago, Paul49 said:

If you are referring to the frame weight with attached thumbrest, mine came from Italy. I detailed the easy purchase process in an earlier post on the Enos Forums. It was no more than two weeks from first contact through the Toni Systems website to receipt of my order. That smooth process led me to later order a Ghost the One holster from Toni Systems modified by them to fit their frame weight. Great customer service. 

Ahh, missed that.  thanks

12 minutes ago, mmlook said:

got it, thanks.

Sent an email RFQ, still waiting to hear back. 

Because they are on the other side of the globe, I usually found an email response waiting for me in the morning of the day after my message. It was rarely more than one day delay.

On 8/18/2018 at 12:51 AM, janettesanders said:

Found this tooDSC_19932.thumb.jpg.5bf2f4f776bf270d2a05e7d621225e99.jpg

That looks a lot like what I'm trying to build... slide mounted red dot, compensator, magazine well, frame weight, and thumb rest. Was going to get the SJC frame weight with thumb rest but I think I'm going to go with this one. It might not be as heavy but it looks cleaner (and cooler) and doesn't seem to hang down as much off the rail. I'm sure it will fit the CR Speed WSM II better too, which I plan to go with.

Edited by telligentgunner

On 8/21/2018 at 6:38 PM, Paul49 said:

Because they are on the other side of the globe, I usually found an email response waiting for me in the morning of the day after my message. It was rarely more than one day delay.

No worries, I wasn't complaining.

more like status update/minor bragging/excitement 

order complete, now the wait.

Shot a local GSSF match with my G24 & major PF loads(N320 & 180gr), and it feels like shooting a G17.
Can't wait to feel what it's like with more weight,

56 minutes ago, telligentgunner said:

Does use of the Toni thumb rest require drilling into the Glock frame like with the SJC frame weight and thumb rest?

NOT at all. The frame weight slides onto the accessory rail, then is held in place by two Allen screws through its base that pressure hold it to the rail.

See my post from August 19th where the two hex screws in the base are visible. They create a downward tension that does not allow the frame weight to slide on the rail.

Edited by Paul49

17 hours ago, mmlook said:

Coming in at 35oz, need/want about 5-7oz more to be on par with the 2011/CZ guys

Have some tungsten weights/putty coming in

IMG_4639.jpeg

I'm surprised that your G24 doesn't weight more. My G35 as shown above, August 19th weighs 42.75 ounces as depicted with no magazine inserted.

I'd image the compensator weighs about the same as your added barrel and slide length? Or does the G24 slide have greater weight reducing cuts to keep it similar in weight to the G35? Still my threaded G35 barrel must be shorter than the G24.

I have the standard length tungsten guide rod. The longer uncaptured tungsten guide rod ran into the back bottom of the compensator when the slide cycled.

Is there a weight attached to your magwell? My Glockstore magwell comes with either a 3 or 4 ounce brass weight as pictured here. Could that be some of the difference?

image.thumb.png.5271f00c82a4eb0b17ef64bd55b66091.png

Edited by Paul49

I recently held a friend's Shadow 2 in one hand and an STI in the other. The STI was perfectly balanced. The Shadow 2 was very nose heavy. My G35 as depicted is also more balanced given frame weight up front and magwell weight in the heel.

just checked everything on the scale, cause I was replacing the strike spring safety plunger.

my magwell is aluminum, so it only weighs about 2oz total.

Pretty sure the G24 is about 1-2oz heavier than a G35.
but your thumb rest, optic, comp, and threaded barrel are likely add about 3-4oz total.

I'm likely going to get the SJC heavy weight magwell(8.7oz), that should get me to about 42oz. total

• 4 weeks later...

I was just looking around on the TONI website and they call magwells, "Miniskirts" gave me a good chuckle*.  Really interested in the frameweights for when I get my G35 running again.

*only if you let google translate the Italian site instead of just using their US site like an idiot like I did.

Edited by HawaiianShirtShooter
updated info