Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TONI FRAME WEIGHTS

bowenbuilt

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just found out about these weights, having used an SJC frame weight for a while with no issues. Is their any benefit to the Toni frame weight over sjc? It looks smaller to me but I'm not certain which weighs more.

18 hours ago, Harlow said:

I just found out about these weights, having used an SJC frame weight for a while with no issues. Is their any benefit to the Toni frame weight over sjc? It looks smaller to me but I'm not certain which weighs more.

According to the Toni Systems website their brass frame weight weighs 4.94 ounces and their aluminum one 1.76 ounces. They come with a row of threaded holes for attaching one of their thumb rests, which I've done. See my photos earlier in this thread. It perfectly matches my grip and allows my left thumb to more actively control muzzle rise in addition to the effect of the weight.

I measured my SJC weight and the Toni. The SJC weighed 5.4 Oz's and the Toni weight 5.0 Oz's. TheToni is much more compact and easier to install to stay put. I have both and I like the less blocky and more compact Toni weight better. But that's just me, your tastes may be different.

Interesting. I didn't opt to get the thumb rest on my SJC, and it's been on for a year now without any loosening at all. If the Toni was available when I bought mine I might have considered it for the thumb rest. 

Interesting. I didn't opt to get the thumb rest on my SJC, and it's been on for a year now without any loosening at all. If the Toni was available when I bought mine I might have considered it for the thumb rest. 
I used the Toni weight on my open Steel Challenge build because of its compactness. P_20180926_211629_vHDR_Auto.jpegP_20180926_211655_vHDR_Auto.jpegP_20180926_212601_vHDR_Auto.jpegP_20180926_151820_vHDR_Auto.jpeg

Sent from my ASUS_A006 using Tapatalk

On 10/3/2018 at 12:51 PM, Harlow said:

the toni   3D  thumbrest  isn't  the  best  in the sens  they  did  not  expected  people with short  digits   can't  really  reach the thumbrest  confortably.  what  i did  is  i've  bolted  mine  in the  advanvced  position  which  means  it's  now  bolted  with 3  screws  instead  of  4.  the  last  screw  close  to  the  muzzle  now  serves  nothing.  toni  should offer  a  longer  thumbrest  ,so it  keep   its  4  screws  design intact.....but  anyhow, i  consider  the toni sustem  FW TR  the  best looking  one.

• 5 months later...
4 hours ago, highhope said:

thanks, will do 

The rails are generic, so that part should fit. The length may be an issue and the rear facing tongue perfectly reaches back to the front of the trigger guard on a Glock. And the placement of the mounting screw perfectly matches the location of a rail slot on a Glock. So fitting may or may not require a little modification.

Edited by Paul49

A little more information:

Few rough frame weight measurements:

Main body length about 4.7 or 4.8 cm. 

Inside channel width exactly matches the rail width, which I believe is universal. Minimally tight fit sliding it into place.

Tongue extends about 2 cm back from the rear to the front of the trigger guard.

• 1 year later...

I love it when I accidentally stumble onto something cool.  And these definitely look cool.  I "need" one of their heavy brass weights for my G17.  In fact, I may need more than one.  I sent them a message through their website, and it also looks like there's a distributor in Texas that sells them in the US, but he's out of stock.  I found him somewhere on the Toni website.

Has anyone gotten one of these recently?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I ended up having my buddy make me a custom kydex holster for my 34 with frame weight and thumb rest, hes done 3 or 4 so far if anyone needs one he has a 34 and a 17 as well as a "jig" I made to help mold them  if anyone wants one message me and i'll send you a link

Edited by Sinister4

Well I tend to like the added weight as long as the grip is packed with weight as well, I have both the long and short toni weights as well as the aluminium one and for me its just getting the gun balanced where I like it, ie I pack the grip with as much weight as possible then add the frame weight that makes it feel best and has the best times. I like shooting a heavy gun so its the only way to get it in a glock.    Still lighter than a cz lol

• 2 weeks later...

It looks very nice, did you do the work yourself?  If so, how?

I had a Carver heavy magwell to balance the weight on the frame with the Toni  weight out front.  No matter what I did, it always turned in slower times than the gun without weight.

21 minutes ago, Cuz said:

It looks very nice, did you do the work yourself?  If so, how?

I had a Carver heavy magwell to balance the weight on the frame with the Toni  weight out front.  No matter what I did, it always turned in slower times than the gun without weight.

yeah, chucked it in my mill and had at it   lol    first cut the body to clear the weight by about .010, then cut the slider groove deeper, then made a slider to clear the weight , all fits great with zero movement when gun it in there