Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC lasers

Do a little search.... The max. output for the civilian market has restrictions. This means you can't have one that has lot's of woopa.  You can't buy the one that burns holes in paper or plastic at 100 yards.. You want green not red. The ones with "click" adjustments are more use full for our needs. Buy the rechargeable batteries w/charger. The $20/$30 dollar ones can be found with the same output as the $200/$300 dollar ones....... That said, I've got the EBay versions ($20)......They co-witness with my red dot.... Funny, I can have both a green dot and a red dot at the same time.....

For the hard leans the laser can help but I've having better luck with a second red dot on a 45 degree mount.   Got the idea from a YouTube video with Team JP's Josh Froelich.  He also posted info on the Facebook about it.

For me,  the laser really helps on awkward ports with targets a hard right or left just beyond the wall.  Anytime I need to shoot a target where its faster to not shoulder the PCC, the laser helps.  When I use a laser, its a Crimson Trace CMR-206 green laser.

As for shooting multiple targets from the hip with a laser, its harder than it looks and will require lots of practice.

4 hours ago, Flatland Shooter said:

For the hard leans the laser can help but I've having better luck with a second red dot on a 45 degree mount.   Got the idea from a YouTube video with Team JP's Josh Froelich.  He also posted info on the Facebook about it.

For me,  the laser really helps on awkward ports with targets a hard right or left just beyond the wall.  Anytime I need to shoot a target where its faster to not shoulder the PCC, the laser helps.  When I use a laser, its a Crimson Trace CMR-206 green laser.

As for shooting multiple targets from the hip with a laser, its harder than it looks and will require lots of practice.

All of this.  And yes, it's harder than it looks to shoot from the hip w the laser!  Lol.  I have wondered if it would also help on the extremely low ports/openings where most have to get way down or even prone, might save some up and down time?  I have been on the fence, mostly with priorities in equipment based on finance available.  Also heard they just don't show up well outside.  The second red dot is the direction I am leaning, but just started on making life hell by screwing with the recoil system....

16 minutes ago, Hammer002 said:

Also heard they just don't show up well outside. 

At reasonable distances (in my case less than 8 yards) the green laser shows up pretty good even in this  bright Texas sun. I don't know if this works for everyone (I was advised many years ago that I'm 20% color blind) but I have found that gray lenses in my shooting glasses greatly help picking up the green laser.  I used to stick with amber lenses and could barely pick up the green laser.  I have not tried the red lasers.

I shot a match last weekend and carried both uppers with me (one with the extra red dot and one with the laser).  After walking the stages I decided to shoot the upper with the extra red dot and all went well.

4 hours ago, Flatland Shooter said:

I shot a match last weekend and carried both uppers with me (one with the extra red dot and one with the laser).  After walking the stages I decided to shoot the upper with the extra red dot and all went well.

So I imagine you are getting the same benefits as previously discussed.  Are you just rolling the gun as the video described for support side leans, etc?  Also, I have thought I would dual purpose a 45 degree mounted dot by zeroing it at about 10 yards to be able to turn it to the side for really close work and not have to worry so much about the offset.  Stage designers around here have been pretty challenging with the up close targets with a no shoot just below head shot only type stuff.  Which dot are you using?

So I shoot open... I play with a PCC now and then. My PCC is good to go without a laser but I wanted one to try... you'd think with all the technology out there we could get a really good laser sight under $100.

...but no.

Edited by 3gunDQ
10 hours ago, Hammer002 said:

Are you just rolling the gun as the video described for support side leans, etc?  .............  Stage designers around here have been pretty challenging with the up close targets with a no shoot just below head shot only type stuff.  Which dot are you using?

My strong side is my right side.

It depends on how far around a wall I need to reach.  If I'm able to, I rotate it just like Josh did on the YouTube video. 

If more angle is necessary, I can still rotate the gun but at the same time I also move the buttstock to my left shoulder and use my left eye to line up the 45 degree mounted dot with the target.  I still use my right hand on the pistol grip and trigger.  This allows me to get pretty far around a wall without loosing my balance and the transition is quick.

On top I have a C-more railway with a 6 MOA dot and on the side I have an 8 MOA Burris Fastfire 3.  The C-more is zeroed at 17 yards and the Fastfire is zeroed at 5 yards.  So far most "hard lean" shots have been on targets between 1 and 5 yards away.

Edited by Flatland Shooter
4 hours ago, 3gunDQ said:

So I shoot open... I play with a PCC now and then. My PCC is good to go without a laser but I wanted one to try... you'd think with all the technology out there we could get a really good laser sight under $100.

...but no.

I was able to pick up the Crimson Trace CMR206 green laser on sale for just over $100.   A friend in Ft Worth mounted a $40 laser from Amazon on his JP PCC and its works just fine.

IMPORTANT: Please everyone, be careful when buying green lasers from uncertain sources (and I would classify Amazon as such a source). Many imported green lasers can emit infrared radiation many times higher than the 5mW legal limit, and because IR is invisible they can cause retinal damage without you knowing until it is too late. Read more at NIST. This is the reason I spent the extra $$$ and bought a Crimson Trace green laser like others above.