Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Reload Rules

rowdyb

On 4/6/2017 at 8:39 AM, rowdyb said:

Maybe because it's early but I think I have a dumb question....

page 11, cover and concealment rules. 3.5.6.B   when it says "in stages with cover and concealment, shooters may reload standing still or on the move at any time, as long as they are not exposed to targets that are not fully engaged during the reload."

what is the definition of exposed?

Not a dumb question at all. I've struggled with this since the new rule book. It's easy if there is a fault line on both sides. However, if there's a wall with a fault line on the left, and a vision barrier slightly down range on the right, how do you measure exposure on the right with no fault line? Is it any part of the target and body? Center line of target and upper body?

16 hours ago, IronArcher said:

Interested in the different times it takes others to reload vs. RWR.... especially on the move.

I'll have to run a few of each to get mine.... I'm still guessing RWR is .5 slower for me.

if you can do a rwr and it adds time to your movement from place to place less than 2 seconds, you come out ahead almost every time.

its not necessarily how long the reload takes but how much time it adds to what you're doing as you do it that matters. the doing of two things at once, even if a tad slower has you better off than doing a standing slide lock reload almost every time.

Edited by rowdyb

4 hours ago, IronArcher said:

Right, but if you can dump 2 rounds in .3 sec, and reload on the move without stowing another mag, you might be better off dumping those loads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And that's what 99.99% of my reloads look like.

I do what's necessary to avoid a RWR and that generally means round dumping. And unless I run dry in the open, I'm almost always timing my reloads to happen after engaging an array and moving to the next shooting position.

as long as you load 9 all the time and never run more or less during the match.

3.4.10 says you always have to be loaded to division capacity unless the cof says otherwise.

but then right after that you get

3.4.11 that says if your gun or mags won't hold division capacity they can be loaded to their capacity as long as everything still meets the division's rules

and 8.1.3 A says that if you download one mag, you have to run all mags at that capacity.

so yeah, if you want to shoot a 9 round gun in ssp or esp, go for it. just make sure you run 9 the whole match and in every mag. which puts you at 10 rounds to start a cof unless directed otherwise.