Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GRSC 1-6x24 now on the market

OPENB

I was looking over the optics threads on ar15.com last night and came across this. http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_18/554877_GRSC_1_6x24_Combat_Rifle_Scope__CRS_.html

The illuminated reticle is supposed to be daylight visible. It's made in Japan, not China. At less than 1/2 the cost of a Swaro, could have a place in our game. Listed at $1025.00. There was a link to a good multi-page review. It is a FFP scope.

I don't have any ties to GRSC, I'm just always looking for good optics. I currently run a Burris XTR14 SFP scope. Never tried first focal plane.

Getting first focal plane scopes to have daylight visible illumination is extremely difficult. That's why the only scopes with truly RDS bright illumination are second focal plane scopes (Meopta, Swaro).

The game is changing though with the dual focal plane scopes like the US Optics DFP and the Leupold CQSS

I've got one of their 1-4x scopes and, although they claimed "daylight visible" it is nowhere close.

Jakers

May I please introduce myself, I am Ed Verdugo the owner of GRSC Inc and the guy behind the concept of the 1-4 and 1-6 FFP Combat Rifle Scopes (CRS) with the Horseshoe (HS) reticle. There is alot of talk going on about my Korean made 1-4 and my new Japanese made 1-6 CRSs. Some of the information being put out is not quite accurate. For those who have not seen my web site it is grscinc.com I think most of the questions people have about my products can be answered there. If not I'm happy to make myself available to answer any questions I can about my products. My phone # is 951 845 9838 or anyone can email me at grscguns@juno.com I'm not good on the keyboard soooo PLEASE! ! ! if your in the USA please put you phone # in the email and I will call and try to answer any questions.

The big difference in price between the 1-4 CRS and the 1-6 CRS has to do with the fact that they are two totally different scopes from different manufactures. The 1-4 is made in Korea and the 1-6 is made by one of the best Japanese scope manufactures. The Japanese 1-6 is a very high quality scope and the first 1-6 FFP to be offered for sale.

Just to set the record straight the illumination in the 1-6 and 1-4 CRSs is not day light visible and I have never said it was but if you watch part one of the instructional video on my web site at 4:18 you will see a dynamic visual demonstration on how the illumination works.

If I can be of any help please contact me.

Thank You

Ed Verdugo

grscinc.com

Edited by grsc

Ed,

Welcome to the BE forums. Thank you for the information. We are always thrilled to have new products and even better to have direct factory communication/information that could benefit the sport.

Reticle looks interesting.

Edited by fastarget

My g/f runs the GRSC 1-4x, and it is a pretty good scope; for the money, I would say it is an excellent scope, and the horseshoe reticle works very well. Given the higher quality of glass that's supposed to be in the 1-6x, I'd really consider one of those whenever I get around to switching from my EOtech to a scope...

i ran one of the 1x4's for a little over a season...used it at the USPSA MG nationals in 2009. nice scope for the money. have no experience with the 1x6. ed is a great guy and his scopes do what they were intended to do. having said that, the drawbacks for 3 gun were such that i no longer run it. daylight visible it is not. the BDC is really nice. in fact, having an accurate BDC at different powers is rare indeed. FFP scopes do just that. the reticle is way to busy for our use. we do not need ranging in a scope. also, the ranging circles for 300-600 obscure smaller targets, whether they are flashers or larues. i spoke to ed about these issues and he understood. again, ed designed the reticle for combat, not our game.

post-2786-0-54212500-1323970835_thumb.jp

Good to have you here, Ed! Your product looks good (was looking at it before I saw it mentioned here) but out of my price range. Have you considered donating one to a major multigun prize table (like USPSA multigun nationals or a USPSA Area multigun match?). An excellent way to get one out there in the hands of a good shooter and to get your name out there.

I've only seen a few reviews on this optic. There's bound to be someone shooting 3G with it........anyone know much about it?

BSG

BSG

There are three guys that I know who have used the 1-6 CRS in three gun matches. They have been contacted and asked to share thier experience with this scope here on this forum. Hopefuly they will respond soon.

Thanks

Ed Verdugo

grscinc.com

FYI: Got out to the range a few days with the new 1-6x CRS mounted on my 18” FN FAL using 147gr. FMJ Port. Ammo . I get a lot of questions on how this reticle will work with calibers other than the 62gr 223.

Well now we know how it will work with the 308 out of an 18” FAL rifle. Enjoy the videos Check out Part3 on youtube just type in grsc scope and look for our channel grscinc

Thank you very much

Ed Verdugo

grscinc.com

Have been using the 1x4 CRS in 3G for about a year. Gives us the accuracy at distance we need and can use the horseshoe reticle similar to EOTech for close in. The horseshoe reticle makes near/far target acquisition pretty quick. Works for me and is simple enough with distance lines and bullet drop comp that my kids (ages 15, 13, 11) have been using it with great results. Also, just started playing with the 1x6 CRS. So far, much better than the 1x4. Optics are significantly clearer and gain the better magnification for distance. Will have it at SMM3G. One thing I'd like to see available is a rat tail.

I just bought the GRSC 1-6x CRS for 3 Gun... the reticle is basically designed for an IDPA type target! I am very impressed so far. Build quality is great. 1 click is 1cm which took a little getting used to, but it works... the ranging works as well and if you learn the reticle, you will be able to hit to 600 (and beyond???) without issue. The glass is incredible IMO and it has a nice big eye box. I had to dial the focus ring almost all the way out to get it focused for me (better than 20/20 vision).

In regard to the Throw Lever, I am happy to report that the SVMAPT from MGM (Switchview) fits like a glove! Kevin worked with me to figure out which one would fit... MGM 208.454.0555 x110

I put it on a Warne R.A.M.P. mount (30mm) which worked out great for Nose to Charging Handle alignment. I had to move the mount all the way to the front of the receiver (1st T Mark), but it is ready to go... You will NOT get a BUIS under it with this mount.

The reticle is not bright daylight viewable, but if it is cloudy, you can see it. The horseshoe looks like a small dot @ 1x, but I can pick it up. I will end up using it at 1.5-4x for close in and using 6x for 100yds and out... I shot an IDPA size silhouette @ 100yds @ 1x and was banging head shots using the horseshoe.

I measured the eye piece and objective and think that the butler creek #18 will fit the eye piece (1.69" as measured) and the #02A will fit the objective (1.179 as measured) but I need to verify that after receipt.

I was ready to pull the trigger on the Swarovski Z6i 1-6x BRT and decided on this instead for obvious reasons. If it holds zero and doesn't fall apart, it will be a bargain.

Edited by metoojohnjr

• 2 weeks later...

In regard to the Throw Lever, I am happy to report that the SVMAPT from MGM (Switchview) fits like a glove! Kevin worked with me to figure out which one would fit... MGM 208.454.0555 x110

which one? I guess im just retarded and dont see that one.

Hey Jon, Just give Kevin a call (or google MGM SVMAPT). He got me all fixed up in a hurry! I used the GRSC in my first match. Dialed up way to much magnification on a CQB stage and suffered (should have grabbed that lever!). I did well on the long stage. Just need to practice with it. It is holding zero and working well.

Kevin Murphy

Inside Sales, Marketing

MGM Targets

208 454 0555 x110

• 3 weeks later...

Several people have asked about a switch view/Cat tail levers for the 1-6x CRS scopes. We found a switch view lever from MGM Inc.

Part number: SVMAPT

Phone number- 208-454-0555

Hope this helps

Thank-You

Ed Verdugo

Grscinc.com

• 3 weeks later...

Same here, if anyone knows anything about it running in 3G, please let us all know. Thanks

I have both, and I have been using them for 3G all the time, when I was looking for an optic that would "do" it all? i was apprehensive in finding one.

I am a Police Officer for a major PD and was thinking of buying one for work and then using the same thing for 3G, UNFORTUNATELY! our DRM (designated Rifle Man) program WILL NOT allow powered optic! so i have an aimpoint Comp 2 on my patrol rifle.

I found the 1x4 and tried it out on my Patrol Rifle upper and participated in the 3G shoot in "Pueblo west Colorado" we were shooting at various known and unknow distance targets, the fartest was less than 300 yds but pretty close to it. before our team shot the event i went to "zero" my rifle, took off the aimpoint and then placed the 1x4 with a LT mount. bullets were winchester white box 55 gr bullets. i remember talking to Mr. Verdugo and he said that the reticle was based on the SS109 bullets for the military... (so i said to myself while i was zeroing the 1x4."here goes nothing") to my surprise, got zeroed at a 100 with 5 tries, shot a couple more to confirm and then tried the 200 which was only to the left of the 100 yard targe placed the corresponding dot and "ting" with one shot! needless to say that "zeroing" session was more of sounds playing "tak" (for a hundred target) and "ting" (for the 200 yard). i was even impressed at my shooting because (it was benched)my trigger cadence started to quicken as the afternoon progressed. i tried a couple of standing free hand shooting, ( i wont lie.. i missed some (shooter error of course)) but when i slowed down and saw the dots on target it was the same tune again of tik and ting... SWEET!

will it hold zero? if any one here in the thread knows the guys that put up that 3g match in Pueblo West colorado? they will tell you that its a BLAST! the match was nicely planned and the stages were challenging. the last stage was the one with the "unknown" distances. consisting of round steel targets that i didnt know how big the targets were. i again remembered the conversation with Mr. Verdugo and "viola" range em in the corresponding ranging circles? use the corresponding circles? BANG! down they went! two gruelling days of 3G high altitude (for a Filipino/texan) known and unknown targets... YES it HOLDS ZERO!

I'd also like to mention that I am in no way a "pro" at optics.. when i ventured out to 3G and was looking for an optic to use, i found GRSC and 1x4 was a "no brainer" it was easy to use! the reticle was not "busy" and worked!

when the 1x6 came out? it was the first and still stays on my "benny hill" 18 and a half inch 3G AR. i shot this set up in the 2011 Larue multi gun! stage 6 or 7? the bonus stage and again i was using the winchester white box 55 gr bullets! (Lord heard my prayers because the wind was minimal when i went to shoot that stage)

targets were 1 MOA and every hundred yard the target increased 1MOA. all were known targets 100, 200, 300, 400 and 480ish yards. I went to my positions and bang! RO was yelling HIT! after HIT! after HIT! the BDC was dead on! the last target 480ish gave me a problem (if you know that range, you know what im talking about) WIND!!! (I took 4-5 bullets to hit it but HIT it i did! with a WW white box!? from Walmart!! :) i was ecstatic! even barry dueck of surefire was watching through a high powered spotting scope, after i shot the stage he said "dude your group was like this" (making a roughly 7 inch circle with his hand,fingers) i was pumped!

Yes it does hold Zero and I am using this optic to all my matches, regular and or major ones!

Can I see the reticle on a bright day? YES with or without illumination, if you see me on the range, just ask, i have been showing it to other shooters so that they will "believe" that this reticle is "easy" even a caveman can do it :) and can be seen (not illuminated) during daylight

as always "make the hit and shoot safe"

MM

Edited by monico1123

• 6 months later...

I've been examining my options and this is one of the few I keep (re)considering. A few follow-up Q's since some of you have probably had this one for a while:

1) Reticle: Do you ever find the reticle too busy, or once you get used to it do you find it pretty intuitive and quick to use?

2) Use as a Red Dot: How does it work at 1x w/ both eyes open for use more-or-less as you'd use a red dot?

3) Battery Life: Not the biggest deal, however considering it is meant as more of a service-type optic and you apparently need a tool to change the battery, I'm wondering how long the battery lifespan seems to be.

4) Durability: I'm not going to play basketball with it, however with only a 2-year warranty I'd like some assurance they're holding up well.

5) Green?: I've seen some pics of the GRSC (maybe the Korean 1-4x, not sure) where it had a green reticle. Is that an option for the 1-6x?

6) Precision: I know it's more of a quick-acquisition optic. Just wondering, how precise IS it at 300 to 500 or 600 yards relative to something like an AccuPoint or Vortex or more precision-based reticle?

-Cheers