Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mill RMR. USPSA production??

jbultman

8 hours ago, Sarge said:

Might be legal under this? Unless it's talking about mulling without removing the rear sight?

http://multibriefs.com/briefs/uspsa/USPSA020416.php

seems confusing enough that I personally would email Troy for clarification

Im going to email Troy but, that's exactly what I was looking for....

"You can mill the slide of a production legal gun to install an optic, and replace the optic with a filler plate for competition in Production without risk."

16 hours ago, emm66 said:

It wouldn't be any different than someone running a Glock MOS with the plate still on.

Any update to this?

The MOS models are specifically listed on the production gun list. 

3 hours ago, Kraj said:

The MOS models are specifically listed on the production gun list. 

This sounds like it wouldn't be a problem, as long as you have the cover plate installed.

Studio_20170629_174030-1.png

• 1 year later...
10 hours ago, Paul49 said:

Do all the slide milling outfits provide a slide cut cover plate?

The ruling appears to require the cover plate to compete in production.

I know that most do.  It is nice to be able to just unscrew the optic and put the cover plate.  

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, blindmarksman said:

uh no lol

Then I think you should keep in mind those RO's volunteer their time so you can shoot and scoot then go online and talk smack about them thinking they know the rules better than you. Chances are, all things considered, a certified RO that paid attention and tries to keep up with the changes probably does know more than you.

But, RO's are rarely perfect, and on rare occasions they are even dipshits. Ask them to check the rules if you doubt what they are saying. Point them to the rule if needed. 

6 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Then I think you should keep in mind those RO's volunteer their time so you can shoot and scoot then go online and talk smack about them thinking they know the rules better than you. Chances are, all things considered, a certified RO that paid attention and tries to keep up with the changes probably does know more than you.

But, RO's are rarely perfect, and on rare occasions they are even dipshits. Ask them to check the rules if you doubt what they are saying. Point them to the rule if needed. 

lol