Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holy Tanfo, Batman......

MikieM

If it isn't one thing, it's two.

As you know my Stock II hammer falls to half-cock when I squeeze the trigger hard, and then thumb the safety off. That one's on me though and fitting a new safety should fix it right up.

But here's a new one. I was at the range an hour ago shooting plates, when I noticed that the slide would fall when I inserted a new magazine. Not gently, you understand, but when I slammed it home with a bit of force the slide would drop. 

Any opinions?

Thanks, Mike

2 minutes ago, MikieM said:

If it isn't one thing, it's two.

As you know my Stock II hammer falls to half-cock when I squeeze the trigger hard, and then thumb the safety off. That one's on me though and fitting a new safety should fix it right up.

But here's a new one. I was at the range an hour ago shooting plates, when I noticed that the slide would fall when I inserted a new magazine. Not gently, you understand, but when I slammed it home with a bit of force the slide would drop. 

Any opinions?

Thanks, Mike

You meant "auto-forward"?  If so, that's a desired feature and many have to file their slide stop to make that happen.  Congratulations for getting it for free. 

13 minutes ago, V2plus25 said:

Unless you overzealously file the slide stop and the slide stops locking back on an empty magazine :o

Me, overzealous with a file? Never.

Well, almost never. I think my new safety comes in tomorrow.  :rolleyes: