Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone using a laser?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe any of the better lasers will look different than their competitors.  They are all at the maximum limits set by government regulations.  The differences I have seen are related to varying eyesight in the user.  Some are just able to see the laser better than others.  I could not see my laser for crap in the AZ sun.  Well, I could but I looked like Mr. Magoo trying to find his keys.  I gave it to my buddy who is able to at least pick it up quickly on closer reach around targets so it holds some value for him.  

I am running the CT206 on a 1/2" riser right in from of my Vortex Venom on a 1" riser. I have it pretty much co-witnessed with my dot. Grip does not affect it and it is out of the way. It works great at close up lean & 1-handed shots.

Question? Anybody make a laser with larger dots like the MOA on a red dot. I know they get bigger as you go out, but by that distance in the bright Texas sun it disappears anyways. It would be nice to have one that starts at about 1/2" on a target @ 10 yards and in.

gerritm

Hello: The lasers seem to be good out to 20 yards in bright sunlight is what I have noticed. Indoors they work great! Cloudy days out to 30 yards or so. Most hard leans on targets seem to be in the 3-15 yard range around here and can be shot off the weak shoulder as well. So in about 4 matches I have only used the laser once but could have used my weak shoulder also but wanted to try the laser on a far popper. It worked but not sure if it was any faster. Best part of having the laser is saying I have a "laaassssseeer". Thanks, Eric