Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster for Caspian Open gun

nahanshew89

1. Safariland 014 fits and works well, just have to use the supplied trigger block spacers and do some adjusting (Midsouth has good prices on this holster). DAA and Ghost "the one" also seem to work well.

2. Some STI/SVI holsters might work, the 014 is one of them (I have a caspian and use the same 014 for it and a STI). The DAA is trigger guard specific and will not.

I wanted to put this out there for anyone who may find use of it;

I contacted Ghost about the Super Ultimate and Caspian compatibility, I had a response rather quickly, he wanted a picture of my blaster so he could run it by HQ (his words). About 8 hours later he informed me that my Caspian will fit in either the Super Ultimate or The One in the 1911 "size". So I'm gonna order that, and give it a go. He told me I could return it if it didn't fit. If you see nothing else here from me stating otherwise, it works.

ETA: Bamboo, DAA now makes a Racer and Racemaster that will fit the square trigger guard style Caspian High Caps. If the Ghost doesn't work out, that's what I'm buying.

Edited by nahanshew89

Good on you for checking. I met a guy who was using a caspian with a Ghost The One and I liked it.

I was aware that DAA made blocks for the caspian guns, but the caspian block won't fit an STI triggerguard so if you switch between gun types you need to swap holsters or blocks. The same safariland 014 holster will fit both the Caspian, STI, and I even ran it with a tanfo a few times.

Good Luck and let us know how it works out for you.

I had a CR speed for my Lim Glock. It was ok, I just want to try something different.

Bamboo, thanks for telling me that, I was really hopeful that a holster for an STI might work, but if you've tried it, well that answers that.

Edited by nahanshew89

• 2 weeks later...