Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun Championship presented by Doublestar -

On September 5, 2016 at 10:18 PM, AFH said:

James, 

Thanks for catching that.  Just a typo on my part.  It should have, and now does, read 'birdshot'.  We had a buckshot required stage last year by using heavy KD plates.  I think most folks enjoyed it for a change, but no buck is required this year. 

See you soon, Andy

Blaster, see response on this page above.  No buck.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to say thank you to Andy and all of his staff for an incredible match.  The stages were " fiendishly " designed and were a challenge for every shooter.  There was a side match sponsored by Eotech ( being well represented by Aaron Hampton) that was free with a very nice sight for the winner.  Also several items donated by Eotech  for the  auction that benefitted Task Force Dagger.  Doublestar was the match sponsor and also provided a very nice dinner for all who attended.  Very greatful to all the match sponsors that donated to the prize table.  Shooting with those competitors on squad 2 was a real privilege.  Rock Castle is an awesome facility to host a match.   Best math of the year.  Thanks again!!

Steve Sweeney      

My memory is shorter than any of the stages, but this may have been the most difficult BRM in KY yet.  I finished up 16th in Tac Ops, and I believe my shortest stage was in the 125 second range.  Longest was over 170 seconds.   On the clock shooting was 1,346 seconds according to Practiscore.  That's 3 majors worth of shooting based on some matches total times.  

My stage from start to finish to re-start for the next shooter was 250 yards.  That's 24 MILES of RO'ing, excluding walking to the port-a-can or getting something to drink.  And for a match like this I'm happy to do it.  

I've been happy to be a part of the DoubleStar family for over 4 years now, and the company supporting a match such as this makes me that much more proud of our relationship.  Thanks to Andy, OB, Paul for taking care of us ROs when we need something.  And thanks to the shooters for having great attitudes, even on day 3 of the match.

Bryan Ray

Edited by Bryan 45

This is like the third video of stage 6 where the hatch was left opened by the previous shooter. Did they change that mid match? When we shot it we had to close the hatch before coming down from the house.

• 2 months later...

Sorry for the late reply. I want to thank Andy for putting on this match. The stages were awesome, I love natural terrain matches. The ROs were all very friendly and ran great stages. It was good to see old friends again and make some new ones. I do wish the rifle targets were a little bigger, but if I were in better shape, I may be able to hit better after running a ways, lol. I dreaded the rope on stage 8, but after the match, that was my favorite stage. Keep up the good work.

Hurley