Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun Championship presented by Doublestar -

Excuse the newby question but is this "pros" only or can the amateur shooter participate? I'm trying to get more involved in 3 gun matches all over. Only a 4 hour drive for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by mattmann

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have had many shooters shoot the BRM3G as their first non-club 3-gun match, and some their first ever match. Most would agree it's challenging for everyone to a degree, but I think almost all have had a good time. I ran into Tiffany and James at the NW Multigun and found out they shot with us last year for the first time, and it was their first "major" match. I'm looking forward to seeing them in October! Just jump in, shoot safely, and have fun.

Registration approval takes long enough for me to get home from RM3G!  Had a great time there shooting with Daniel, Candice, and the guys.  Approvals have been caught up.

See you in a couple of months!

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

James, 

Thanks for catching that.  Just a typo on my part.  It should have, and now does, read 'birdshot'.  We had a buckshot required stage last year by using heavy KD plates.  I think most folks enjoyed it for a change, but no buck is required this year. 

See you soon, Andy

I've been contacted with several equipment questions or rules, and want to let everyone know the answers. 

1.     Weights added to a pistol are only allowed in Open.  Regardless of whether the weight is a steel bar, or a flashlight. 

2.    Coupled magazines are allowed.  However, it can only be two, and both have to be fully loaded.  This hasn’t been a real problem, but it seems to be in need of being addressed.

3.    Rifle supporting devices, such as Silos and bipods, are only allowed in Open.

4.    Wings on magazines and basepads that are abnormally wide are only allowed in Open. The consensus of several match directors that I talked to is that these belong in open, which was my initial opinion also.  However, I have talked to some shooters who think such contraptions don’t matter, and may be as big a hindrance as a help. At present, such basepads and stabilizers are only allowed in Open.

Andy

Hi Andy,

Looking forward to shooting Blue Ridge again this year!  Last year was awesome.

Can you ballpark for me how many rifle targets are past 150y?  I use different ammo for Long Range targets.

Cheers and see you in October

The BRM3G 2016 Matchbook is available for download! Hard copies can be picked up at registration. 
http://brm3g.com/2016%20BRM3G%20MB%20Download.pdf

There will be changes made during setup as usual, but the stages, descriptions, and round counts are close to what you will find on match day. We'll see you there in about 2 weeks!

Andy