Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 Tennessee Sectional (Sept 16-18)

The 2016 Tennessee Sectional Championship will be held September 16-18, 2016 at Oak Ridge Sportman's Association in Oak Ridge, TN. Range location is available on Practiscore at the following link: https://practiscore.com/clubs/orsa-uspsa

Match will consist of 12 stages plus chrono in a 1.5 day format.

Registration is expected to go live March 1 on Practiscore and will use Practiscore self squadding.

More information and FaceBook link coming soon.

Mark Levy, Match Director

Gilbert Perez, Range Master

Robert Garrett, Asst Match Director

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For those interested in working as staff: When you register, there is a question to indicate whether you want to work as staff. Answer Yes. We will review those entries compared to staffing needs as soon as possible. For approved staff, you will receive an email confirmation that entry fee is waived. We will review staffing needs first before approving the other entries so that staff know whether they need to worry about squadding. Once staff is approved then we will approve the paid entries in the order that they were received. For paid entries, you will receive an email confirmation with total amount shown. Paid entries can squad immediately after payment. Payment will be online.

• 2 weeks later...

Registration for USPSA TN State Championship opens just under 3 hours. Here's what you should expect: We are using Practiscore for the entire process from registration to payment to squadding and scoring.

At 7:00pm you will find the match on Practiscore. Search "Atomic" and it will appear. I'll also post the link here.

After you register, you will get a confirmation email.

I will be reviewing and approving registrations as the arrive, in the order that they arrive. I'll total entry fee plus any add-ons and approve the entry.

You will then get a second email which confirms your entry is approved. This second email will include a link to your personal management page. This page will allow you to pay and also edit your shooter information if needed.

Keep this confirmation email. The personal management link is your key in case you need to change information in the future. At some time in August we will lock things down in preparation for the match, but until then you will be able to make changes.

Once you have paid, then you will be able to immediately select a squad, also on the Practiscore page.

If something should happen that you need to withdraw, full refunds will be granted until August 18.

If perchance you try to register and find that the match is full, you can add yourself to wait list. We will act on wait list shooters in the order they are received.

• 1 month later...

We have added Pistol Caliber Carbine as a division. Choose "Carbine" for division. Current status of the provisional rules are available here: https://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-rules.php. It is likely that these rules will evolve between now and September. We will be using the rules which are posted by USPSA and current on match day. Because of the inherent inequity between pistol and carbine, there likely will not be a high overall award, but we will be studying that question in coming months.

• 2 weeks later...

There are groups blocks available at Comfort Inn Oak Ridge and Doubletree. The following link should get you a complete list of hotels in the immediate vicinity.

https://www.google.com/maps/search/hotel/@35.9778039,-84.2733344,13z/data=!4m8!2m7!3m6!1shotel!2sOak+Ridge+Sportsmen's+Association,+2625+Oak+Ridge+Turnpike,+Oak+Ridge,+TN+37830!3s0x885dcdae456b54f7:0xbf262a96ead86b55!4m2!1d-84.3220857!2d35.9882878

And also just a few miles south there are many more hotels in the area of the I40/I140 interchange.

A final note: There is a University of Tennessee home football game the same weekend. So, it is a good idea to make reservations early.

Robert

There are groups blocks available at Comfort Inn Oak Ridge and Doubletree.

Robert,

Can you PM me the Discount Code? The Comfort Inn and the Doubletree have never heard of the Tennessee Sectional Championship.

Never mine, the Doubletree found the Discount Code.