Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 1301 Comp - How to attach sling?

jdogg2000

Hi everyone, this may be a dumb question, but anyone know how to attach a sling to the rear hole that is drilled in bottom of the stock? I took out the rubber stopper and my QD sling seems to attach but it does not hold (pulls right out with just a little force). I'm guessing there must be some other kind of adaptor I need? Thanks in advance.

It wouldn't hold on mine either, not even after I trimmed around the female QD recess so the button seated tight. I tried several other button QDs and only one held fast so I think Beretta did something out of spec.

In the end, I had C-Rums put a Noveske female QD in the side of the stock while he was doing some other work. Look at the inside of the stock with the butt cap off and you can see how you can do this very easily, without epoxy or much fuss.

Edited by Frankly

Fwiw, mine holds tight. I'm using the LaRue version of the vtac sling. Nordic clamp up front with the qd, though I wish the front sling mount were further back but moving the clamp just for that doesn't make much since.

Great, at least it's not just mine I guess hahah. I have the Nordic QD up front, I think I'll give the LaRue a try. If that doesn't work, I'll find a sling I can use that doesn't require a swivel for now. I'm taking a training course soon so I don't have much time. Thanks everyone!

I don't have the Comp but I do have the Tactical. The stocks are the same except the Tactical has a standard swivel stud, I took it off because I don't use it, simply unscrew it. Looking at a picture of the QD attachment part, seems to me if you stick the correct size Allen key in there and back it out a couple turns it might actually work as designed.

ba958f6b-bac9-4a02-9092-4abe58a8d991_zps22d716b1-416e-485c-9e12-56d587866e29_zps

All you have to do is unscrew the QD until your swivel locks in place......then maybe back it iut another half a turn just in case. I had the same problem...it is just buried a little too deep. There are more than enough engaged threads to do this. For a front swivel there are many options ......too many to list....i went with a Benelli GGG unit...it fits fine on the 1301 behind the tube extension. If you want a barrel clamp Nordic makes a nice one

All you have to do is unscrew the QD until your swivel locks in place......then maybe back it iut another half a turn just in case. I had the same problem...it is just buried a little too deep. There are more than enough engaged threads to do this. For a front swivel there are many options ......too many to list....i went with a Benelli GGG unit...it fits fine on the 1301 behind the tube extension. If you want a barrel clamp Nordic makes a nice one

I was wondering if this would work. Mounts straight up? And is this the one...http://www.gggaz.com/benelli-m2-quick-detach-front-and-rear-sling-attachments.html

thx

Bossman...just an fyi.....on the comp version the butt pad is screwed into a frame that is held in the stock by this QD piece.....maybe the tactical is different? But if it isnt....the pad could come loose

Actually it screws into the insert (43) they used in place of the Kick Off, which is held on by the stock nut (29&30), which in turn the butt pad (33) screws into.

6465ad78-83c6-44a1-9e7f-7548e985b155_zps

Edited by BBossman1

Hi everyone, this may be a dumb question, but anyone know how to attach a sling to the rear hole that is drilled in bottom of the stock? I took out the rubber stopper and my QD sling seems to attach but it does not hold (pulls right out with just a little force). I'm guessing there must be some other kind of adaptor I need? Thanks in advance.

By the way, how do you take out the rubber stopper, you mentioned at the button on this page that you back out the swivel socket with an allen wrench, did you do it from inside the stock? thanks ( sounds very complicated lol)

• 3 years later...
On 3/20/2015 at 3:19 PM, Dave Marques said:

I just found this post which is old but I have to ask.  I called GG&G and the machinist says he gets calls about this retrofit from the Benelli to the Beretta and says it will not work.  Did you have to machine this part to fit the 1301???  It's more of an issue with the front ...

Thanks, 

Racine

• 2 weeks later...

I believe this same discussion is buried deep in the exhausting 1301 Comp discussion thread.

The reason QDs don't work is the cup is sunk a little too deep. Back it out with an Allen wrench and it works just fine. Did that to mine several years ago and nothing related to the stock ever fell off.

Regarding the other end, I have used two approaches.

When my Nordic extension is on, I put short loop of cord on the end to run around the extension, then attach the other end to the stock sling swivel cup.

When the Nordic is off, because some tradition trap and skeet ranges prohibit such paraphernalia, I use the old fashioned sling swivel attachment on the end of the piece that caps the standard magazine tube.

All three attachments have been bullet proof over several years.

• 8 months later...