Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Alamo Precision 9mm SBR with Silencerco Supressor

RangerTrace

This is a twin to the rifle I'm having Alamo Precision build for me. It's a 5" 9MM with the Silincerco Octane 9 Suppressor. It has the Trijicon 1.5 power Mini ACOG on it and I really liked it for the couple hundred rounds we got to shoot/test their rifle.

Do any of you have any experience with Mini ACOG and if so, how was it?

imagejpeg_0_zps132acf77.jpg

post-13546-0-16232300-1422411166_thumb.j

Congrats! Very cool rifle! Are those colt mags?

I should know that answer....Colt or Uzi I think. I originally intended to go with a Gock mag compatible build, but changed my mind for two reasons. Using a standard lower with a block/insert will give me the opportunity to buy other SBR uppers/calibers without the need for another tax stamp. The other reason is I didn't like the way the Glock mag lower looked.

looks good, I have one set up like that in 22. 4' barrel and 6" can, with a 9" FF tube so the can just pokes out. it's a blast to shoot, but without the noise!

I would suggest you build a second upper with a 5" barrel with tiny little FF tube and a red dot. No can. It will be the shortest, funniest, most fun rifle you take to the range.

looks good, I have one set up like that in 22. 4' barrel and 6" can, with a 9" FF tube so the can just pokes out. it's a blast to shoot, but without the noise!

I would suggest you build a second upper with a 5" barrel with tiny little FF tube and a red dot. No can. It will be the shortest, funniest, most fun rifle you take to the range.

Sounds like an idea. I'm also planning a 300 Blackout upper for it.......

• 1 month later...

Looks sweet Trace.

Looking to do the same thing next year. Going to start by SBR'ing my AR .22 pistol then adding a can. For the cost, those Samson HG are nice and have a great I.D. for cans.

.....could not get past the cost for a trust and two tax stamps:) :)

I know that yours was old reply, but I can help with part of your trepidation. Simply recognize that you'll amortize the cost of the trust over MANY MORE stamps than those first two..... As my not such a good influence buddy would say; "Look, you gotta spend money to save money."

It's only idiotic if you think about it. ;)

Edited by JKW

And Ranger, you will have a lot of fun with that one. I can't help with the Mini ACOG question as I've never used one, but I like my suppressed 5" 9mm AR quite a lot.

AD83DB8D-E068-4A2E-9933-938D13A2B769_zps