Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I don't reload but I'm thinking about getting a 2011....

Malcolm31

• 2 weeks later...

So.....can you store/keep your reloading press and supplies in an unheated area? I can make some room in the garage to reload, but I'm not sure there is a place in the house to store supplies and reload....and the garage is unheated.

There are several companies that sell ammo designed the run in the 2011 platform. In my case, I buy .40 major ammo loaded to 1.18 that runs perfectly in my gun. No problems and not a significant price increase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am actually selling my STI edge in 40 S&W. I buy all my ammo through freedom munitions ($220 approx/1000rds) and use the brass buy back program to get reimbursed for any range brass I send them (as long as its ammo they make). Interested?

Post it in the classifieds amigo.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=205985#entry2287504

Mags are sold but the gun is still up for sale.

If you know a friend who's looking for a limited gun please refer them to this.

Sure thing.

Seems like you had terrible luck with sales falling thru. Good luck amigo.

Post it in the classifieds amigo.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=205985#entry2287504

Mags are sold but the gun is still up for sale.

If you know a friend who's looking for a limited gun please refer them to this.

Sure thing.

Seems like you had terrible luck with sales falling thru. Good luck amigo.

yea tell me about it. If you could help spread the word that will be great.

• 2 weeks later...

Yup, learn to reload or start to reload, because you'll going to need it in this sport. It seems like a necessity, due to mainly economical advantages. You can also tweak your loads to various needs/scenario/gun (minor vs major, plinking, accuracy, etc). If you have no experience with reloading, read and learn about it first. Asked/learn from your experienced buddys about it. Maybe start with single stage press to learn the basics first, then move on to progressive. Anyway, good luck!

+1 on reloading first. I got into this game in January of this year and I shoot a Glock 34 (I shoot USPSA and 3 gun.) In may I picked up Dillon 650 and love loading on it. My times, and more importantly, my ability, has improved dramatically once I started to shoot ammo crafted for my gun. IMHO it's as critical as a good set of sights and a good trigger.

In a few years, when I buy another gun for USPSA, I'll add a caliber to the 650.

Side note- I constantly waffle aboutt he Glock/2011 platform. I do like the 2011 trigger more. I have a Glockworx trigger on my 34 and although it's outstanding it isn't as good as a 2011. What I do love about the glock is the weight. The gun is VERY easy to move around and manuver. I've borrowed a few 2011s and I'm concerned with (for me anyways) how much slower it is to wave the gun around.

Transition times are simple to reduce with reasonable dry fire.