Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

U.S. IPSC Nationals

The USPSA IPSC Nationals will be held at Mid-Carolina Rifle Club, Columbia SC, Oct 1-2, 2010. This will be a Level III World Shoot Qualifier Match. The match will consist of a minimum 12 Stages. It will be a one day format - shooters will shoot either Friday or Saturday. Updates and information will be posted at www.southcarolina-uspsa.org.

Edited by Jack Suber

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, is it IPSC or USPSA? Point being, for those of us who are RO Lackeys, I can help with a USPSA match but am not certified as an IPSC RO.

Leam

It is an IPSC match.

Jack ususally has people standing in line to work his Sectional matches, so he'll have to chime in with whether they will need any additional help for this one. If they do, he can probably find something for you to do.

Jack, if I'm off base, feel free to flick my ear the next time you see me.

:)

Any USPSA member can compete in this match. They must if they wish to qualify for the the World Shoot. As for ROs, it is an "IPSC" match. Therefore, ROs will be required to be IPSC ROs. IPSC equipment rules apply (i.e. for Standard).

Also, is it IPSC or USPSA? Point being, for those of us who are RO Lackeys, I can help with a USPSA match but am not certified as an IPSC RO.

Leam

It is an IPSC match.

Jack ususally has people standing in line to work his Sectional matches, so he'll have to chime in with whether they will need any additional help for this one. If they do, he can probably find something for you to do.

Jack, if I'm off base, feel free to flick my ear the next time you see me.

:)

Mark,

You are correct and I "hope" you are correct when it comes to volunteers (that we will have people lining up for this match, too). I do know that we will need IPSC CROs on each stage but I think we can have USPSA ROs on the stages to help.

Edited by Jack Suber

Any chance there will be an IPSC certification class available before then?

(consider my ear "flicked")

That is a good question. I guess we need to figure out how to do that. I will start inquiring. I have always wanted and international certification. I guess this would be a good opportunity. Perhaps we could schedule a class in the Summer?

Any USPSA member can compete in this match. They must if they wish to qualify for the the World Shoot. As for ROs, it is an "IPSC" match. Therefore, ROs will be required to be IPSC ROs. IPSC equipment rules apply (i.e. for Standard).

IROA requires one IROA official per stage. They do not have to be the CRO. We will need 14 IROA officials minimum (RM, Chrono plus 12 stages). Anyone who has ever shot a match in Columbia SC is aware we are all about the huge staff. The remaining staff will be NROI & other volunteer staff.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Edited by LChico

Jack,

Are all IPSC divisions being recognized? The post by Chuck indicated only Open/Standard divisions in SC.

Can you advise?

Also these dates Oct 1-2 conflict with the NC Section match, scheduled Oct 1-3, as several of the SC folks come shoot our match also.

Thanks!

Paul

Competitive Shooters of Statesville

I will see Michael Voigt & other USPSA officials at the SHOT Show next week. I will get a clarification on the divisions. MCRC was under the impression it would be all IPSC divisions, but we were not there when the BOD voted.

As for the NC Section dates that conflict -- copied from another thread:

Looks like someone wasn't paying too much attention in the South either. The IPSC Nationals in Columbia, SC are listed as the same weekend the NC Sectional is in Raleigh, NC. Hope this just means the NC Sectional has been changed and no announcement made yet.

We put a lot of attention & time into selecting our dates. We had to pick a weekend without a home football game at the University of South Carolina (to get hotel rooms). We had to find a weekend that suited the 12 other shooting disciplines at our club. Before we set the date, we looked at the USPSA calendar of scheduled matches on-line, the BE Forum Handgun matches for 2010 thread, and the BE Forum thread for Multigun matches in 2010. We looked at NRA events, Steel Challenge events, Glock events and IDPA events. The only conflict we saw was the Missouri Fall Classic.

Where exactly is the NC Sectional match posted?

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Linda/Jack - I spoke with Richard Moser and the NC Sectional has not been posted anywhere, even though it is planned for the same weekend.

Jack,

Are all IPSC divisions being recognized? The post by Chuck indicated only Open/Standard divisions in SC.

Can you advise?

Also these dates Oct 1-2 conflict with the NC Section match, scheduled Oct 1-3, as several of the SC folks come shoot our match also.

Thanks!

Paul

Competitive Shooters of Statesville

Paul,

I am waiting to hear back from Michael Voight on the divisions. I will post a clarification as soon as I hear from him.

When we were going through the scheduling, I checked the calendars here and on the USPSA website. NC was listed nowhere so I had to take the first open date that did not conflict with the nats. nor football here in Columbia (one of the main issues). October has 5 weekends, perhaps NC can move to the 5th? Sorry this happened, but we did look around.

Just heard from Michael Voight. He stated that USPSA will only field Open, Production, and Standard teams for the World Shoot. However, he said the divisions to be recognized at the U.S. IPSC championship is my decision. Right now, I am thinking we will accept all and recognize winners consistent with required number of competitors in the rules.

Edited by Jack Suber

...Right now, I am thinking we will accept all and recognize winners consistent with required numbers in the rule.

I think that would be good. Just because MV doesn't want to send teams for all divisions doesn't mean you can't service the customers who might want to shoot something other than the big 3.

Jack and Linda

You are probably already aware but Brian Hanna and Joel Dix have extensive IPSC RO experience and may be willing to help gather the proper staff.

TP

Terry, I worked the 2009 US IPSC Nationals in Ohio & am the Match Director for the 2010 IPSC Pan American Shotgun Championship. Between the two, I think I have contact for nearly every IROA certified RO in the US! :)

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 US IPSC Nationals Statistician

...Right now, I am thinking we will accept all and recognize winners consistent with required numbers in the rule.

I think that would be good. Just because MV doesn't want to send teams for all divisions doesn't mean you can't service the customers who might want to shoot something other than the big 3.

And I hope we can field a big enough group to award medals for Revolver National IPSC Champion & several category awards in something other than Open.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

It is my understanding that IPSC only recognizes, Open, Standard (not Limited), Modified, Production (more restrictive than US as to models), Revolver-Standard. There are no L-10 or SS divisions under their banner. Are theirs the divisions you are going to recoginize, or are you going to allow all US divisions also?

If the match is to be ran under IPSC rules. I would suggest that our folks read the IPSC rules and make sure that they are compliant. Production and Standard are much different than our Production and Limited divisions.

Jack, I hope to shoot it on Friday as I've got to be at out Sectional on Sat and Sunday.

Thanks for stepping up to do this one. I'm looking forward to playing.

Paul

Edited by pvhendrix

It is my understanding that IPSC only recognizes, Open, Standard (not Limited), Modified, Production (more restrictive than US as to models), Revolver-Standard. There are no L-10 or SS divisions under their banner. Are theirs the divisions you are going to recoginize, or are you going to allow all US divisions also?

If the match is to be ran under IPSC rules. I would suggest that our folks read the IPSC rules and make sure that they are compliant. Production and Standard are much different than our Production and Limited divisions.

Jack, I hope to shoot it on Friday as I've got to be at out Sectional on Sat and Sunday.

Thanks for stepping up to do this one. I'm looking forward to playing.

Paul

It is the IPSC National Championship. IPSC divisions only (we already have National Championships for our USPSA Divisions).

Much like the Ohio version of the IPSC National Championship in 2009, it is not going to be a surprise to anyone who registers. We made clear in all match announcements (Front Sight, BE Forum, Global Village & Match website) that this was a match that would be run strictly under IPSC rules. The match website provided a pdf version of the current IPSC handgun rulebook. The application announced that we were following IPSC rules and only listed IPSC Divisions & IPSC categories as choices on the application. The (rather lengthy) confirmation message sent to all registered competitors AGAIN reminded everyone that it was IPSC rules & not IPSC.

I hope you will be able to join us on Friday!

Linda Chico (L-2035)

I would love to shoot this match in Revolver division. Does our USPSA class count, and do we shoot in revolver division in GM,M,A,B,C,D class? Or do we need a IPCS classification and those of us that don't all shoot unclassified? Also, Richard please change our NC Section, this match looks to good and big to pass up!!!

I would love to shoot this match in Revolver division. Does our USPSA class count, and do we shoot in revolver division in GM,M,A,B,C,D class? Or do we need a IPCS classification and those of us that don't all shoot unclassified? Also, Richard please change our NC Section, this match looks to good and big to pass up!!!

USPSA classifications do not count. If you have an IPSC classification, we do use those, but the reality is that so few shooters in the US have IPSC classifications, so that essentially, nearly everyone is unclassified. There are usually not enough shooters in a class to give out class awards (note minimum numbers in Appendix A2 of IPSC handgun rules).

Linda Chico (L-2035)

USPSA classifications do not count. If you have an IPSC classification, we do use those, but the reality is that so few shooters in the US have IPSC classifications, so that essentially, nearly everyone is unclassified. There are usually not enough shooters in a class to give out class awards (note minimum numbers in Appendix A2 of IPSC handgun rules).

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Might be a good time for local clubs to consider IPSC Classification matches... MCRC has held them in the past.