Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 USPSA Western PA Section Championship by Infinity Firea

What a match! Deceptive stages, interesting weather, and some fierce competitors from around the area and beyond. Our congratulations to all who participated, and a special thanks to Range Master Dave Dorisio and Match Director Matt Dylewski from Gem City Gun Club. Fantastic job, gentleman. Can't wait to see you guys do this again.

For those of you who shot it, thank you for participating. Please tell your friends who did not make it that they missed out on an outstanding major match.

To my fellow range staff, a true treat to meet some of you for the first time and for those I have worked with before, a pleasure to work with you again. You were professional and fair throughout, in good spirits despite the rain and mud, and were truly a pleasure for staff and competitors to be around.

Remember, next year - Hollidaysburg for the 2011 Western Pennsylvania Section Championship!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Matt, Dave, Gem City Gun Club, Vince and all the match staff. What a great match! I've been wanting to go to this match for years and have never had the chance. This is definatly a match on my to do list every year. All I can say is WOW! The stages were alot of fun and kept me on point. This is the definition of great match staff. For those who dont know, it rained Friday. The staff without skipping a beat, stopped shooting so we could get the non staff competitors throught he match. No one even batted an eye. We ran the competitors through and helped them slosh through the stages. This is what match staff is about. The staff shot the rest of the stages when we could get to them. Not the best setting for performing well, no matter, everyone did their part with a smile. Thank you Matt for your professionalism and attention to detail. What I liked about this match was the lessons learned from my CRO on stage 6, Ed thanks for your guidance. To all the competitors that shot the match, THANK YOU, it was a pleasure working for you. :cheers:

AND ON TO THE BUSINESS AT HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UH ROY, after several attempts to contact you via text message. Well? We have a fan group awaiting for your reply. It was the funniest thing having comptitors follow Roy and me through the event. I think Joe Paradise was quite done with the question! WHOS WINNING. HARRY OR ROY? I didnt think anyone would follow this event that closely. It was funny to hear that people were truly interested in this. Funny stuff. Too everyone who bothered the stats staff for the results, thanks, and I apoligize to them for the harrasment. So uh Roy, I think its time you chimed in now? :sight: SO THE BATTLE CONTINUES TO THE NATIONALS.

Matt,

Thank you and your staff for a great day of shooting. I wish I shot as well as all of you ran the match(smooth and efficient). I had a wonderful experience and look forward to competing next year again. Again, Thank you all.

Sean VanDenberg

I have been an RO all of two weeks, so I would like Ed and Harry at stage 6 for helping the new guy. It was great fun and I learned a lot. I am definelty going to try and work more major matches. I found it very intereting to watch 150+ shooters develop there plans and shoot the same stage. For me, the high light of the match was watching the junior shooters shoot the stage. They did a great job of battling the shopping cart.

Matt, thanks for all of your work in putting together such a great match.

Cindi and I had a blast..THANK YOU! The next time we will bring warmer clothes! :surprise:

For those of you who were hit up by the "Little man" Travis and purchased the apples for the Ronald McDonald house kids...thank you! It meant a great deal to him.

Great club and great PEOPLE! What else could you ask for?

:cheers:

Does anyone know if the news story from the match was run?

They were but they did not upload them to the station webpage. Matt has two interviews on DVR but cannot get them from the box to his PC. If anyone knows how to do it, let him know.

To the match staff, and the section, this is a great match. I have come back home from GA for the last two years since getting into USPSA and I'll be back next year. It's a great excuse for me to visit and to shoot - not to mention every year I leave with a great story about a stage or two - last year dropping a bowling ball into paul bunyan's toilet - and this year I loved the zombie attack along the creek in the pouring rain. Even with a monster boot on my leg, this was a blast.

Vince are you are talking about western Pa next year or their steel match next weekend because I’m shooting both hope to see you there

Western PA Section Championship for 2011 is in Hollidaysburg. Wait a bit and I will tell you where they are in 2012, 2013 and 2014. I like to plan them 3-4 years out.

Thanks to everyone for their kind words. It is nice to see that many of you really enjoyed the match. Even though i am glad it is over, i wish I would've been able to shoot it. Hopefully, the WPA Section match will be a don't miss on everyones schedule. Can't wait to see the match next year in Hollidaysburg!

Thanks.

matt

• 1 year later...

Nice article in the November/December Front Site about this match with some cool pictures...........Even a picture of the author winning Single Stack. Whoohooo! Too bad Harry doesn't have one of those to play with.

Thank you to the staff for letting me run off and take pictures of other squads.

Thank you to Harry for convincing Big Awesome and myself to come to the match. We had a great time.

Mr & Mrs. Burwell-What can I say? Thank you for hosting the ladies camp, thank you for the battery jump so we could get home and thank you for all the work that goes into organizing a match, staffing it and then running it.

In fact, you did such a nice job.........how about doing it again next year?

Best Regards,

Roy

Nice article in the November/December Front Site about this match with some cool pictures...........Even a picture of the author winning Single Stack. Whoohooo! Too bad Harry doesn't have one of those to play with.

Thank you to the staff for letting me run off and take pictures of other squads.

Thank you to Harry for convincing Big Awesome and myself to come to the match. We had a great time.

Mr & Mrs. Burwell-What can I say? Thank you for hosting the ladies camp, thank you for the battery jump so we could get home and thank you for all the work that goes into organizing a match, staffing it and then running it.

In fact, you did such a nice job.........how about doing it again next year?

Best Regards,

Roy

It would be even better if you attached the above to the correct thread! Like the 2011 event not this one from 2010. Im surprised you can tie your shoes. Oh yeah, then again thats why you have velcro on them! LMAO!

Don't forget my padded safety helmet for walking around and my elbow/knee pads for my moped bike too.......

And my bib so that I can eat in public.

Be careful-next time the birthday celebration will be yours at dinner with the little horse on a stick for you to dance around with.......just sayin.

R