Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli M2 - best choke with Multi-Gun Match?

gtmtnbiker98

The IC will cover most shots in a typical 3gun match. This is what I

use unless there is some sort of knockdown plate at like 35yd, I "may"

then switch to the Modified ..

Edit to add loads, typical higher quality #7 or 8 birdshot. Remington STS or

on the lower end, Wallmart Federal 100pk..

Edited by P.Pres

I go with a Briley Light Modified, based on the recs from some much better competitors than myself, and the fact it seems to shoot slugs better than the IC. YMMV.

Curtis

+1 on the BLM. Just started using it for 3 gun and it's made a big difference for me.

IC for my 21 inch...gets me through about 92% of the time. I only use the diffuser for very short range stuff and close clays/frangable targets, as well as busting down doors. I have carried lots of chokes but have never used a full at any time in the last 3 years. As others have said, ammo is a good choice if the steel isn't going down or if your Shotgun patterns better with a certian choke. My wolf slugs pattern good with everything!

Hope this helps,

RLTW,

Scott

I shoot LM about 25% of the time and IM about 65% of the time. The other 10% is split between Cyl and IC. It probably makes little difference but I usually shoot a choke one or two constrictions more than I think I need for a particular stage. Poppers always fall when hit with a load of 8s from an IM! I also know when something doesn't go down that it was the fault of the loose nut behind the gun not putting the bead in the right spot.

A Briley Diffusion choke in IC or LM.

I thought diffusion was the choke? As in more open than Cyl.

With that said.....I prefer an LM for the majority of my shotgunning.

A Briley Diffuser choke is basically a rifled choke, I measured one once and it was IC in size. Its expensive and not very useful for long steel... :wacko:

jj

A Briley Diffusion choke in IC or LM.

I thought diffusion was the choke? As in more open than Cyl.

With that said.....I prefer an LM for the majority of my shotgunning.

Yes you are right, Diffusion is the Constriction at .005 right below the IC at .010 Don't know what I was smoking when I posted that.

As for along steel, carry bigger shot.

I used to switch between IC and M. Now I just stick to IC and carry a few 4s or 6s in my bag for those tougher plates or longer shots.

Another + for Henrik except I leave a light mod in my gun. For some reason I bring all the other chokes to every match, I don't know why because I've never changed one.