Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who Was the Best Doctor from Doctor Who?

This show had to be cheesiest show that I have watched. The props were out of the 1950's as well as the "monsters". But it just had something lacking in todays tv shows.... a good cast of characters and a great story. The interactions of the characters more than made up for the cheap gadgets, Of course My vote is only based from the last two Doctors from o5 to 09, I really liked the Rose character of the show. I don't even get to see it much anymore. later rdd :cheers:

This show had to be cheesiest show that I have watched. The props were out of the 1950's as well as the "monsters". But it just had something lacking in todays tv shows.... a good cast of characters and a great story. The interactions of the characters more than made up for the cheap gadgets, Of course My vote is only based from the last two Doctors from o5 to 09, I really liked the Rose character of the show. I don't even get to see it much anymore.

British shows like Dr. Who and Blakes 7 are often lost on American audiences because they generally value the look over the substance. So they will end up applauding movies like Transformers 2 for the great special effects and overlook the fact that it had no substance at all. Shows like Dr Who, on the other hand, seem to spend as little time and effort as possible on the visuals and often seem to go out of their way to ham it up somewhat but still manage to create really interesting characters and stories in the process.

That said, I never really got into Dr Who much except for a short period when Tom Baker was the Dr and I must admit to never understanding why they seemed to change the cast every couple years.

Tom Baker was my first Doctor when I started watching the show in my 20's. Shortly after that I got to see the series from the beginning through him, and followed the remaining Doctors. Was saddened to see it disappear for awhile and quite pleased when it returned.

For years Tom Baker and Peter Davison were my favorites. Colin Baker was abysmal, the worst Doctor. Met Pertwee at a Doctor Who Convention in Houston back in the 80's. My son refused to have his picture taken with him - did not like him at all. He was rude and condescending to the people asking him questions, and I came away with a sour feeling towards him.

Once it returned, it was more of a grown up Doctor for the grown up me who was watching it. That being said, I have to go with Eccleston as my overall favorite, though he was not there long enough. What he could have done had he stayed. Would be interesting to see the Doctor regenerate back to Eccleston.

DT was a fine Doctor, but it was time for him to move on. He was getting stale and old, and he had few places to take his persona after the outstanding Companions he had.

I'm going to give Matt Smith a chance. After all, DT looked just as loony when he took over.

Met Pertwee at a Doctor Who Convention in Houston back in the 80's. My son refused to have his picture taken with him - did not like him at all. He was rude and condescending to the people asking him questions, and I came away with a sour feeling towards him.

Perhaps he was in character, since that is how I remember him in the show!

Met Pertwee at a Doctor Who Convention in Houston back in the 80's. My son refused to have his picture taken with him - did not like him at all. He was rude and condescending to the people asking him questions, and I came away with a sour feeling towards him.

Perhaps he was in character, since that is how I remember him in the show!

hehe...maybe so.

This show had to be cheesiest show that I have watched. The props were out of the 1950's as well as the "monsters". But it just had something lacking in todays tv shows.... a good cast of characters and a great story. The interactions of the characters more than made up for the cheap gadgets, Of course My vote is only based from the last two Doctors from o5 to 09, I really liked the Rose character of the show. I don't even get to see it much anymore.

British shows like Dr. Who and Blakes 7 are often lost on American audiences because they generally value the look over the substance. So they will end up applauding movies like Transformers 2 for the great special effects and overlook the fact that it had no substance at all. Shows like Dr Who, on the other hand, seem to spend as little time and effort as possible on the visuals and often seem to go out of their way to ham it up somewhat but still manage to create really interesting characters and stories in the process.

That said, I never really got into Dr Who much except for a short period when Tom Baker was the Dr and I must admit to never understanding why they seemed to change the cast every couple years.

To get the most from Dr. Who, you must do as you do, when you go to the theater. You have to participate! As a member of the audience it's hoped that you move into your imagination. It looks like a theater set, except some of the props are more dimensional. Suspend belief and let the cast entrain you!

Baker was quintessential!