Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

With less than a month to go are we going to see stage diagrams before the match?

I keep checking the web page and if it comes out I will post in the forums where to see the stages. I will hit the standards with the time restraints hot and heavy as it should help in all the requirements of the match. :devil: later rdd

with no par times, then getting as many x in a resonalbe amount of time becomes a major factor. 50 yards should come down to holding them in the A ring and shooting just fast enought to get all x in the 3, 10 and 25 yards. of course thats easier said that done.

I have two predictions. 1) Several people will zero the stage 2) I won't be one of them

I doubt it will be zero'd

Come on Mark. You've got to come to the match with a better attitude. No one will get exactly zero, but I think we will see someone under zero. Richard

If it can be zero'd so easily without a par time...why was it never zero'd before?

Edited by Pin Shooter

That makes just one stage to practic err I mean to make ammo on. :devil: Realistically if you keep the old time frames on the Standard is the perfect stage to do over and over, to get accustomed to getting the proper sight picture and triger control. It oughta be fun at the match this year. Besides looking at the stages on paper does little good because when it gets put down in 3D things change. later rdd

Pin shooter, I think I go along with you on this one. The 50yd string on F&N is the make or break for a great score. I don't think the majority of top shooters can shoot 25,10& 3 (30x) fast enough to make up for an average 50yd string. If the weather is kind to IRC I think the winning score on F&N will be between 1 and 3 seconds. No one will zero the stage.

As Bubber says F&N is a great stage to include on any practice session.

No IRC stage preview this year ! Then get out there and practice elements that are out of your comfort zone. Distance shots, partial targets, strong & weak hand, out of position, draws, reloads static and moving, get some steel practice in. In practice try and cover every skill aspect that could be thrown at you in an IRC stage.

Hope you boys enjoy the IRC this year........

Pk

• 3 weeks later...

Pin shooter, I think I go along with you on this one. The 50yd string on F&N is the make or break for a great score. I don't think the majority of top shooters can shoot 25,10& 3 (30x) fast enough to make up for an average 50yd string. If the weather is kind to IRC I think the winning score on F&N will be between 1 and 3 seconds. No one will zero the stage.

No IRC stage preview this year ! Then get out there and practice elements that are out of your comfort zone. Distance shots, partial targets, strong & weak hand, out of position, draws, reloads static and moving, get some steel practice in. In practice try and cover every skill aspect that could be thrown at you in an IRC stage.

Pk

Ron Joslin(MD), Pete Levakis(RO) and Rich Richards are in SLO to start setting up the atch and the weather is great.

Rich

Ron Joslin(MD), Pete Levakis(RO) and Rich Richards are in SLO to start setting up the atch and the weather is great.

Rich

Lesseee, I got to shoot during a Tornado, Ark. Sect. Then the tremendous heat at Area 4. Hmmmm... I don't think I could handle great weather, to much of a deviation...but then I am a deviant :devil: ... Later rdd

Pk

Maybe pjk is right. My group has put in a lot of far nad near practice. Scores are improving over the old standards, but no zero's yet. I think Jerry, Rich W, Vic, and Eric stiil have a shot, but everything has to go right. Richard

Well I shot a 28 and change with 26 X rings. Mr Wolfe shot it sub 10 and TMC also got a sub 10. Not sure what JM did it in or if he has even shot it yet. So far a good overall match for me. A few extra shots, maybe giving up speed for accuracy, but overall I feel good abt my times and scores. Except for the standards, I have shot clean. Anotherhal day and we will see where I end up. High 60's I figure, better than that would be a bonus.

I did not do well on the standards. I like the par times. I shot a 20 with out the par and can get 13 or 16 with, I guess I did not practice enough. :angry: But it was fun :cheers: later rdd

As far as the Standards go here are my thoughts:

Black "X" is a great idea

Squadding them seemed to work ok ( but I don't know if the back up issues exist with black "X" rings )

I prefer no Par Times....takes out the huge Fudge factor ( especially for lower level shooters )

I shot the Standards well enough this year to be happy with my score, however, I think it would be a great compromise to have them every other year, and replace with a field course on alternate years.

I know this is a great source of controversy, but this is just my opinion.

Thoughts?

As far as the Standards go here are my thoughts:

Black "X" is a great idea

Squadding them seemed to work ok ( but I don't know if the back up issues exist with black "X" rings )

I prefer no Par Times....takes out the huge Fudge factor ( especially for lower level shooters )

I shot the Standards well enough this year to be happy with my score, however, I think it would be a great compromise to have them every other year, and replace with a field course on alternate years.

I know this is a great source of controversy, but this is just my opinion.

Thoughts?

I agree with everything you said. Interesting thing to me was my total some was 36.63. I used less at the back and more at the front especially the strong and week. I think my performance was better because I wasn't stressed about the par time, I knew if I had a bobble on a reload or something that I would have time to fix it.

I like the every other year idea and maybe having the traditional par time standards as a $5.00 side match for cash payback or maybe even the Hogue $1,000 if you zero it.

I did better on the Near and Far this year than I ever did in the past. Never a blur, but knocked almost 20 seconds off last years effort. I prefer that it stay a squadded stage, as no back up occurred.I will shoot it however it is presented, but preferred this format personally.

I did better on the Near and Far this year than I ever did in the past. Never a blur, but knocked almost 20 seconds off last years effort. I prefer that it stay a squadded stage, as no back up occurred.I will shoot it however it is presented, but preferred this format personally.

The only backup I saw the first squad on the first day decided they didn't want to shoot with the sun just rising. They left and joined another squad and the came back later. They were allowed to shoot it later in the day.

I had to shoot a steel stage 1st thing with the sun right in my eye. I wonder what would have happened if I decided I didn't like the light???

I had to shoot a steel stage 1st thing with the sun right in my eye. I wonder what would have happened if I decided I didn't like the light???

No doubt, I'm sure I could have come up with .10 somewhere if the sun weren't in my eyes Saturday monring.

No doubt, I'm sure I could have come up with .10 somewhere if the sun weren't in my eyes Saturday monring.

Too bad you're not famous. Make a video......

How is Mr. Walsh doing?

John,

I'm no longer interested in Real Estate. Tell me about your children.

See you in a few weeks - bring photos.

Craig

My daughter is married, my oldest son is an "A" class limited shooter and will give you a run for the house, but I would be agreeable to you taking over the last year of child support payments on my youngest son. Or maybe I'll just beat you outright and get my house back, see you soon my friend

Too bad you're not famous. Make a video......

Were your eyes even opened first thing in the morning Cliff?