Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kidney stones

shooterbenedetto

Well folks, I m in soo much pain, I think my lower back will explode.

Last summer, I would shoot and practice hard then see that my pee was so orange

indicating that I was at extreme dehydration, I would go home and tell my wife that I have lost

8-10lbs from shooting..little did I know that this would lead to kidney stone. Its been 10hrs and

im just drinking a lot of water hopefully that it will pass. Anybody have any home remedy? got the chills, body aches and cant sleep.

soo much pain!

I'm not one of the boards MD's but...

Hit an urgent care or ER. A little Flomax and some Percocet will help. Plus, are you absolutely positive it couldn't be anything else?

If it is a stone there can be other causes that may need to be treated. It may be too big to pass and need to be broken up.

Get checked out...

Been there and done that !! They had to blast me and it passes like a week after the blasting. Morphine was the only thing that that killed the pain for me .

Drink all you can to try to flush it down and out . You will know when it passes !! It's been 6 or 7 years when I had mine and I try to drink a lot of water to keep things flowing .

Good luck !! Brent

saw the Doc on Monday and did a cystoscopy. that one hurt..inserted that in my manhood

to look for infection in bladder. All checked out fine except for a small cyst that he said that its normal

to have with my age. He did mention that there's a small stone of the kidney that the CT scan showed but not worried coz he said

that if he takes it out it may get worse so he said wait and it will pass eventually. Sooo much pain. I drank 2 oz of lemon and olive oil

plus the 2 ounce of apple cider vinegar. I hope I pass this stone in the morning.

As far as pain treatment goes, kidney stones are one of the "short list" things that they will give you morphine for, without hesitation, because it is SERIOUS pain. Bummer to hear you are going through that! A classic home remedy is Cherry Juice! or whole cherries! Obviously the whole fruit at this time of the year is difficult. There are much worse remedies to have to suffer. Olive oil and lemon juice is usually used for gall stones. LOTS of fluids, preferably without alcohol sadly. Hope you get through this quickly without lithotrypty!

A lot of what you find about what to eat and drink (like Cranberry juice) has more to do with preventing stones than making them pass. Standard advice is lots and lots of water and keep active. That latter part is often overlooked but is important. If you don't keep active, it can actually slow down the passage.

found a home remedy site take 2 oz of olive oil and 2 ounce of lemon juice. took it last night kept drinking water and 30 minutes later

I started to feel a bit better. 2 hours later comes and I was still desperate and found another home remedy to drink

2 ounce of apple cider vinegar followed by 8 oz of water I was able to feel something in my kidneys as it was cleansing or something.

I went to bed. around 4am, pain on my back has subsided, kept drinking lemon water, by 6am I'm pain free. I have been peeing on a plastic

bottle so I can catch the stone but never saw anything. maybe it got dissolved? This stuff really works. Piece of advice to all...cleanse and do this twice a year and make sure you stay hydrated training during summer! I will do this one more day to make sure I'm totally clear.

Urinating in a plastic bottle works --- if you strain the urine afterwards.....

Or, one could urinate into a strainer directly......

Catching a stone might permit analysis --- which could point toward dietary changes to prevent recurrence. Number one thing though to prevent recurrence would be hydration....

Ah yes, kidney stones. I went to the ER for mine where I got morphine and IV's that the nurse actually squeezed a little periodically to get more fluid in to flush it out. Once X-Ray showed it to be out of my kidney I went home with a strainer. Later it passed, and as others have said you will know when that happens. It was so small for it to have caused such pain! And it was a light color so there was no way of knowing it passed except for the delightful feeling of a sharp nail being drug along the bottom of your uh, manhood.

I won't even venture to guess or argue about what causes them. I only know that I had two in my life and they were both in Colorado Springs, CO when I was stationed there on separate occasions. Had to be the water?